So far we've had a bunch of great rock and prog mixes, including Harry's cool experimental one (Boris is awesome). I thought I'd take this opportunity to slow things down and so I conjured up a list of chilled out, peaceful songs and pieces. If you're hungover, got the blues, or haven't started an essay that's due tomorrow (like me) and you want to delay it more, and calm your stress at the same time, have a listen.

As for the Japanese artists, they are video game composers, but that shouldn't make you value their music less. I believe some of those people create the most beautiful music out there. Enjoy!

After the song 'Great Divide' I was going to pack the second half with heavy stuff, purely for the cleverness of the title. But I decided against it.

Youtube playlist because I slept with 8tracks sister so it doesn't work for me.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCF8332382D3AFD93&feature=view_all

1) Lissie - Stranger
2) Simon & Garfunkel - Flowers Never Bend with the Rainfall
3) King Crimson - Matte Kudasai
4) The Cardigans - Great Divide
5) Radiohead - How Can You Be Sure?
6) Yoko Shimonura - Dearly Beloved
7) Nobuo Eumatsu - Eiko's Theme
8) The Flaming Lips - Goin' On

Schedule:
Week 1 - 10/15 - Ben (BenRaah) - Rock/prog
Week 2 - 10/22 - Mike (Squall142) - Gangsta rap
Week 3 - 10/29 - Harry (hazzmatazz) - Weird rock stuff/Halloween
Week 4 - 11/5 - Kai (Uber-rocker) - "All rock, with a little roll here and there"
Week 5 - 11/12 - Steve (steve_muse) - Misc (I'm getting bad at this)
Week 6 - 11/19 - Will 1 (Alter-Bridge) - Lots of different stuff with guitars in it
Week 7 - 11/26 - David (edgeyyz) - A bunch of epics
Week 8 - 12/3 - Will (slipknot5678) - "Something of a post rock/ambient/dream pop thing going on here"
Week 9 - 12/10 - Dan (Dan_5893) - Enjoyable stuffz
Week 10 - 12/17 - Andy (badpun)
Week 11 - 12/24 - Stephen (stepco12345)
Week 12 - 12/31 - Aodhan (Duffman123) - A short reflection on the road to modern rock
Week 13 - 1/7 - ME! (frankv)
Week 14 - 1/14 - Ben again - dark electronic
Week 15 - 1/21 - D (iwannabesedated) - Manly manlove rock
Week 16 - 1/28 - Dr Foxylove (bradulator) - Break-up songs
Week 17 - 2/4 - Mike - Loud to soft alt rock (right?)

Upcoming Playlists
Week 21 - 3/4 - Will 1 #2
Week 22 - 3/11 - David
Week 23 - 2/18 - Will the Cock
Week 24 - 3/25 - Dan
Week 25 - 4/1 - Andy Pandy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Last edited by steve_muse at Feb 26, 2012,
I think we should ask Kai if he wants to do his.
Quote by ErikLensherr

If we can't reach him by that time, we could just skip onto Will, unless David's eager to do another.
Quote by ErikLensherr

I dont really care either way. Oh yeah, this is week 20, Steve. Will listen to this later.
^I know. Got confused with the Kai thing. I changed it to 20 but it still shows 19.
Quote by ErikLensherr

This was a pretty good mix, the first two reminded me of stuff my dad always listens to on the radio, and the only ones I really didn't care for were the Radiohead track and the King Crimson one (I guess that I just like their earlier stuff more).
The Radiohead track was during The Bends era. How earlier do you want? Fair enough, though. As for Crimson, I hate that album, but I love that song. Glad you enjoyed the majority!
Quote by ErikLensherr

I meant I like earlier KC, like In The Court of the Crimson King, and Red. I've never really heard a Radiohead song that I've really liked. For both of them though I have quite a bit more to listen to.
Really liked the opener Steve, and can't go wrong with the good ol' days of Square.
Quote by vintage x metal
idk if my vagina can handle all of this at once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
It's a good time too stop when you start ejaculating air, right?

Quote by frankv
I've been raping my left hand
^Should check out her album. And yeah, the most memorable shit.

Ahh, that's what I thought you meant. Have you listened to The Power To Believe? I think that stuff's awesome.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Have to say I was delightfully surprised by The Cardigans' track. I think that, along with the Flaming Lips' track stood out most. King Crimson is a band I only started listening to very recently (In the Court of King Crimson to be exact). Before I finally gave them a fair listen I had the preconceived notion of them being one of those wanky bands, but that's not true at all and this song helped making that clear to me. Good song. Simon & Garfunkel are always nice and the Lissie track was okay too. The Radiohead song was a bit disappointing, but to be fair a lot of their stuff around that time was pretty boring (doesn't stop me from liking The Bends however). The two soundtrack songs slipped by me, so ehh.
Glad you enjoyed most of it, Frank. As for King Crimson being wanky, their later stuff really is. Especially the album that that song is on. There's experimental then there's just taking the piss. If you haven't yet, check out In The Wake Of Poseidon. It's funny how similar it is to ITCOTC (in structure anyway), but it's a good move after the debut. Then go to Red, Larks Tongues etc.

^S&G are the best. I'd say they're arguably catchier than The Beatles.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Last edited by steve_muse at Feb 27, 2012,
Quote by steve_muse
^Should check out her album. And yeah, the most memorable shit.

Perhaps I shall. Been lazy with music lately. And of course!

And is anyone disappointed that this mixtape isn't called "Chili with Steve"?... I want some chili... with Steve.
Quote by vintage x metal
idk if my vagina can handle all of this at once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
It's a good time too stop when you start ejaculating air, right?

Quote by frankv
I've been raping my left hand
Not a bad mix, Steve. The chilled theme fits perfectly with the rainy Summer Sydney day we're having. I loved the first track, and it was definitely my favourite of the mix. S&G and King Crimson were good, The Cardigans were surprisingly good, too. The Radiohead song was a bit boring, to be honest. Dearly Beloved is always a nice addition, but the last two songs didn't really do much for me.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
How can none of you like that glorious Radiohead B-Side? And thank ye, Will. I thought it would be nice to give you some good female artists.

I don't understand the surprise you and Frank feel for the Cardigans either. Is it because of that hit Lovefool that you presumed they sucked? SHAME ON YA.
Quote by ErikLensherr

I've actually never heard of them before, but the Cardigans is a shit name.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Ahhh. Well they're definitely not hit wonderz. The guitarist writes most of the songs, and he's brilliant. All of their albums are just catchy, one or two are quite alternative, and her voice is orgasmic I think. I have a thing for husky women.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Sounds like the talented version of Courtney Love.
Quote by ErikLensherr