Page 1 of 2
For the rest of the day, post in Times New Roman. Show the internet that we're not mindless Pit Monkeys flinging metaphorical shit at eachother, but sophisticated and productive members of the webbernets.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Just no..
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Sophisticated it is.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
No, this is sophisticated.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Well fuck this shit

EDIT: ^ Damn you Todd ^
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by frankv
While we're at it we might as well add top hats to our avatars.

I quite like this idea.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Quote by the bartender
Well fuck this shit

EDIT: ^ Damn you Todd ^

U mad bro?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by blake1221
Beat you both.

Your post isn't in comic sans.
Quote by Todd Hart
Your post isn't in comic sans.

Really?

Quote by blake1221
No.

That sure looks like Comic Sans.
Quote by blake1221
Really?

That sure looks like Comic Sans.

No

There is nothing bad about Comic Sans. Shut the fuck up you macro whoring tools.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Feb 26, 2012,
Quote by blake1221
>quote post #5
>read font code
>REVELATION

But you've edited it.
Quote by Todd Hart
But you've edited it.

Is it that hard for you to accept that I beat you to a joke?
Quote by blake1221
Is it that hard for you to accept that I beat you to a joke?

But you didn't.

Honestly, who cares anyway?
The only reason Times New Roman is popular is because it had been a word processor default for so long. It's effective for newsprint, which is what it was designed for, but for other applications there are far better typefaces. This being one of them. And this isn't even the best 'Garamond'. If only I had access to Adobe Garamond Pro...

There are plenty of other serif typefaces that are more readable and more elegant than TNR too.

There is nothing bad about Comic Sans. Shut the **** up you macro whoring tools.

1) It's ugly.

2) Its kerning is uneven, which contributes to 1).

3) It's used by people who think that they're being 'cute' and 'different', when really it's absolutely everywhere. Even worse is that people use it when it's wildly inappropriate - business emails, memos, funeral notices, wedding invitations. The only place you should see comic sans is if there are 6 year olds involved.

4) More decorative typefaces work better if they're not something that the reader has seen five million times before. There are thousands of free typefaces out there that look far better than comic sans, and won't make people rage to see them.

Palatino Linotype ftw.

A fine choice.

Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat at Feb 26, 2012,
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
The only reason Times New Roman is popular is because it had been a word processor default for so long. It's effective for newsprint, which is what it was designed for, but for other applications there are far better typefaces. This being one of them. And this isn't even the best 'Garamond'. If only I had access to Adobe Garamond Pro...

There are plenty of other serif typefaces that are more readable and more elegant than TNR too.

1) It's ugly.

2) Its kerning is uneven, which contributes to 1).

3) It's used by people who think that they're being 'cute' and 'different', when really it's absolutely everywhere. Even worse is that people use it when it's wildly inappropriate - business emails, memos, funeral notices, wedding invitations. The only place you should see comic sans is if there are 6 year olds involved.

4) More decorative typefaces work better if they're not something that the reader has seen five million times before. There are thousands of free typefaces out there that look far better than comic sans, and won't make people rage to see them.

A fine choice.

Function > Form

Stop being a font-whore, as long as you can read it easily there's no problem at all.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Feb 26, 2012,
I have a lecturer that makes us submit all essays in Times New Roman size 12.

It makes me want to cry.
Quote by a_7_x

It makes me want to cry.

I like it though. It makes your papers seem longer than if you use the default font.
cat
Quote by a_7_x

It makes me want to cry.

Most universities have font restrictions, simply for clarity. Many fonts are made for stylistic reasons and as such are awful to read, and when you're a lecturer who has to read a hundred 2500 word essays you want things to be clear and easy on the eye.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Verdana is the largest font in MS word. I know, I checked them all.

Verdana 10.5 with 1.5 line spacing is my favourite set-up for typing longer pieces of work. Verdana is just very pleasing to the eye.
Verdana 10.5 with 1.5 line spacing is my favourite set-up for typing longer pieces of work. Verdana is just very pleasing to the eye.

It's a fairly nice typeface, but serifs are a lot clearer for body text. There's a reason that the vast majority of books are printed in serifed typefaces. Garamond variants, Book Antiqua, Sabon, Bookman, Bembo, Palatino, Hoefler Text...

Function > Form
Stop being a font-*****, as long as you can read it easily there's no problem at all.

As I said, it's badly kerned and uneven. A decent serif font looks better, is easier to read and doesn't make things look like a six year old wrote them.
Page 1 of 2