Hey guys, I want to put a game's .iso file on a memory stick. It's about 4.3 gigs big. I have over 5 gigs of free space on the stick. When I try to copy it on to the stick it says that I don't have enough space on the stick. WTF?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I don't think so..It's my mom's stick.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

you have to format the stick to NTFS. FAT32 can't take larger files.
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
I don't think so..It's my mom's stick.

The feeling when you want to play a game, but your mom's stick won't cooperate.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
My Computer > find stick > right click > format > quick format > NTFS

If your trying to extract the ISO file on it the uncompression of the files could be larger than the ISO file itself.
BLANKBLANK
Won't formatting erase like, everything? There are loads of her work documents on it, and I kind of do not want to screw it up.
Quote by luxeion

Here's the thing. Memory sticks have their own software, which could be like 1G itself. The ISO has uncompression software (probably), which is also large. Therefore, I wouldn't use a Memory Stick. If you have one, use an External Hard Drive. If you don't, well...good luck...
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Won't formatting erase like, everything? There are loads of her work documents on it, and I kind of do not want to screw it up.

Just copy everything to the PC. Then format
Quote by StrykVladzimsky

Yes.
Therefore, copy all the documents to your computer before you format it.
I'll Blutooth it!!!
Quote by luxeion

FAT16 can't handle files over 4GB in size, you'll have to reformat it to FAT32 or NTFS.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Hey guys, I want to put a game's .iso file on a memory stick. It's about 4.3 gigs big. I have over 5 gigs of free space on the stick. When I try to copy it on to the stick it says that I don't have enough space on the stick. WTF?

I believe FAT32 will only allow you to transfer 4gigs maximum. Format it to NTFS.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Spaztikko
sigged. you made my day.

So out of context, but still hilarious

Quote by jgbsmith
FAT16 can't handle files over 4GB in size, you'll have to reformat it to FAT32 or NTFS.

This
Hahahaha, glad to have!
Quote by luxeion

I know weird stuff I can do with your memory stick
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
I know weird stuff I can do with yours!
Quote by luxeion