I'm looking for a great djent tone that would compare to Animals as Leaders, Periphery, and the like. I've got quite a bit of gear, and I think I can achieve it, but I need some help.

My gear:
ENGL E530 Preamp
Peavey Classic 50/50 Power Amp
Carvin 100w 1x12 Micro Cab
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss Enhancer
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Schecter Omen-8 with DiMarzio D-Activator 8 Pickups

That's pretty much it. I've got another cab right now, but it's loaded with Peavey Black Widows and I hate the sound of them. Any help, guys?
Get a compressor and noise gate. 2 of the gates, actually.

Boost mids. Cut lows.

Get some appropriate pickups, like Bare Knuckle Painkillers/Aftermath/whatever.

Your D-Activators should be OK though.

Get think strings and work on technique. Djent is about 50/50 gear/technique.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof

Get think strings and work on technique. Djent is about 50/50 gear/technique.

+1

Im actually working on some songs right now that have some djenty elements but the tone im after its completly different. Pick attack is a huge part of it
^ Couldnt be more simple. get your mids decent sharp and roll back a ton on the gain. for Djent i use like 11 o clock or less on my 6505+. let the bassist do the low end work on grooves.
(signature removed, please choose another)
Any idea of a cheap, yet effective compressor? Right now, money is a huge factor. I've already got a cheap noise gate and it gets the job done for now, so I'll hold off on getting another.

I like versatility, so I think I'm going to take the TS-9 out of the equation. It makes it rather difficult to get a clean tone, djent tone, and a bluesy tone without stepping all over the place. The preamp has pretty much all of that without the boost.

EDIT: The technique is coming along quite well. I'm guessing a nice strong pick attack should do it?
Last edited by The.new.guy at Feb 26, 2012,
Its hard to describe one thing I find is having a strong upstroke and switching between palm mutes and opens quickly but I dont plreally play miluch djent so Im not the best one to give advice.

But other than that youre geras good honestly just work on EQ and technique i think