Page 1 of 2
Would you trade your first guitar if it wasn't that good? I'm thinking on trading my first guitar (peavey occ starter pack) for a squier strat, any thoughts on this? I'm wanting a squier to tinker with, and turn into my dream strat.
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
If you like the guitar you're trading with more, or it is simply better, why not? I don't attach myself emotionally to my guitar(s), but I know some people do.
Yup and I did. Mine was a Yamaha EG 112C it honestly wasnt as bad as I made it out to be, solid guitar in all honesty but if you can do better then why not trade it?
I wouldn't of got much for it. I gave it to a friend.

My guitars I have now, there's no chance I'd trade those in. They are perfect.
No. I gave it away.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

It was only a loaner from my uncle who eventually gave it away. I would sell my first electric guitar that I purchased. I'm not too attached to it and I realize that I don't really like humbuckers.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Last edited by will42 at Feb 26, 2012,
My first electric was an Epiphone G-400. Traded it in for a Thinline Tele and never missed it.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I doubt anyone would trade it for something.

BTW, buying a cheap guitar and upgrading the hell out of it is barely good for anything else than having fun and experimenting. I'm pretty damn sure you won't make "your dream Strat" out of a Squier (unless it's one of those old MIJ Squiers).
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp

BTW, buying a cheap guitar and upgrading the hell out of it is barely good for anything else than having fun and experimenting. I'm pretty damn sure you won't make "your dream Strat" out of a Squier (unless it's one of those old MIJ Squiers).

You could make/upgrade it into to a really nice guitar though.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
I sold it and didn't look back although that might be because I just bought the next model up so it was the same idea but just fancier looking
SMILE!
Quote by JesusCrisp

All I plan on using from the squier is the neck, some of the electronics (Ill change the pickups later) and the hardware (bridge etc) I'm going to buy a mahogany body for it.
Also do you feel its a fair trade?
I'd throw in the case, the practice amp, and a strap for just a squier strat.
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
Is it a Classic Vibe?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Is it a Classic Vibe?

I haven't found any one to trade with yet, but I'd consider an affinity, or higher. The peavey I have isn't worth much.
~Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Pac_man0123
Sweet jesus I have not seen that before

I know it's horrid, but kind of rare. Maybe if I found the right collector I could get a classic vibe (who am I kidding that won't happen lol)
~Jimi Hendrix
Quote by gregs1020
Sell or burn...

I'd burn it if someone would be willing to replace it with a strat
~Jimi Hendrix
never. I've modded it to the point that its unrecognizable, so it doesn't really have any monetary value left.

had I not buggered the thing up so much, I probably would have used it on trade or something though
I traded mine, and I have no regrets of getting rid of it. The only instrument I can't get rid of is my VMNT1, it has too much sentimental value.
I guess what I'm asking is, would this be worth a squier?
~Jimi Hendrix
Never.

Too much sentimental value.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Still have mine because it's worth more to me than the little amount of money I'd have gotten for it.
How to people develop an attachment to their guitars?

It just seems weird. They're instruments.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC

Its not the guitar, its the memories it conjures.

My first guitar is my explorer, my Gran bought me it and I played every gig I ever played with it.

The guitar isnt worth £200, but I would never ever sell it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by JKHC

Is guitar a significant part of your life? If it is, then your first instrument is what fostered your journey into becoming a musician. It's very special to a lot of people.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Nico the Great
Is guitar a significant part of your life? If it is, then your first instrument is what fostered your journey into becoming a musician. It's very special to a lot of people.

Guitar is a significant part of my life but I don't really care for my first guitar. It is a good instrument which explains why I still have it bu I wouldn't hesitate to trade it in for something better.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I'll trade in my new guitar and pay cash along side that to get a good instrument just so I can get rid of the crappy one. I own a few guitars, but I only own two worth mentioning - not that they're anything unique or extra special, they're juts good instruments.
I'd do it without a second thought. Maybe I'm in the minority on this but I have no attachment to my first guitar, or any guitar in general. It is a piece of crap that hasn't left my closet in years. I might have one to the Carvin I have on order, only because it'll be the first guitar that I haven't had to settle on because I couldn't find something with everything that I wanted in a left handed model. Time will tell.
Last edited by griffin888 at Feb 28, 2012,
Nah, mine was a gift from my teacher. But I did trade him my classical for this beautiful Takamine electric acoustic with a sunburst finish.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
I'd rather upgrade it.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
if it has more monetary value than sentimental value, go for it.

in your case you'd might as well hang onto it because you'd be lucky to get 50$ on craigslist or 20$ in a store.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
I would've traded my first guitar for a LP Special II.

Don't ask.

It has sentimental value, so i would never completely destroy it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 28, 2012,
Page 1 of 2