I have played on a 200 dollar Ibanez acoustic for the better part of eight or so years. And it's served its purpose rather well. But the tone certainly seems lacking in warmth and the tonation of the guitar is rather bad; things to generally expect from budget entry level acoustics.

Regardless, I'm going to come into some money here soonish. And I have around $2000 to drop on an acoustic guitar. It doesn't have to be $2000 that I spend, that's just the limit. If I can get an amazing sounding guitar for less, than I'd like that more.

I gig and play on my electric guitar, but I think I would like the option of having plugging my acoustic into a P.A., but only if the sound quality won't be sacrificed. I like warm sounding guitars that can stand being dropped tuned into open strings. My favorite acoustic guitarist is Bon Iver.

Anything else that would be helpful?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I don't know where you live, but if you can get to some higher-end stores (there's usually at least two in any major city), do that. In that price range, I wouldn't feel comfortable getting something off of someone else's recommendation.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Have you tried Taylor? I have a 314CE and absolutely love the tone. The tone is very warm, but not to the point of being muddy, like some guitars. Price of a 314CE is around $1700 US.
Gibson J-45 all the way. You could probably find a perfect 6 or 7 year old, just broken in sweet sounding one for about $1700.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
touch call... send me the money and i'll mail you a top of the line First Act guitar that i got from Walma.... err... a very prestigious luthier's own private collection!
Quote by Reisgar42
I don't know where you live, but if you can get to some higher-end stores (there's usually at least two in any major city), do that. In that price range, I wouldn't feel comfortable getting something off of someone else's recommendation.

Naturally I would play one before I bought it. But having a couple of models to look for and use as a jumping pad for comparison is always nice.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

You could consider a new Larrivee LV-03r for under $2k. Their -03 series is known for high-quality woods and craftsmanship, without the extra bling (inlays, etc.).

Sprucetop, rosewood back and sides, built in pre-amp, ebony neck, incredible sustain, awesome tone!
Where are you located? I've seen some smokin' craigslist deals on Taylors and Martins around here recently...

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
should see great deals in conneticut on anything that wasn't born ' of the Mothership". isn't it against the law in CT to own anything other than an Ovation???
If you are considering ordering online I would recommend a Taylor DN3 ($1099 from just about everyone online, zz sounds, american musical supply, sam ash, muscican's friend, etc. plus you can play the price match game and get it for a bit less).
I just got my Taylor DN3 from American Musical supply today and the the factory setup was stellar. Great guitar. DN3E has the built in electronics for about $300 more.
Taylor has a very good warrenty.
Very happy with mine.

Among my too many guitars are:
Alvarez MD60
Takamine ef385
1990 Seagull S6 (pawn shop rescue)
1980 Yamaha Classical (originally a $75 dollar guitar that has aged well).
Good luck with your writing.
Quote by stepchildusmc
should see great deals in conneticut on anything that wasn't born ' of the Mothership". isn't it against the law in CT to own anything other than an Ovation???

I live in extreme Eastern, CT....the in vogue thing here are the Westerly, RI built Guilds!

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.