Hello!
I'm going to buy a new electric guitar, but I have a problem.
I consider buying Jackson DK2 Dinky or Fender Stratocaster Classic Player 50s. You may ask 'Why these models? They're totally different!'. Here is why: I'd like to play everything- from funk, blues, jazz to trash and metal. I want the clean tones to sound like bells (Frusciante, Hendrix etc.), but distorted ones are really important to me too. I'd also like to do dive bombing that is impossible on tremolo.
What would be the best choice? Is there any other guitar that would be a better one for me than those ones?
As long as its HSS, you're good. Take the guitar with the most comfortable neck for your playing. I personally would take the Jackson over a strat, but you might find the strat more appealing.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
But how does Jackson on clean sound? Unfortunately, I'll have no possibility to play this guitar before buying. Can I reach strat-like tones on it? It's really important to me (:
Play them if you can, and decide based on which you enjoy playing. But I would always take fender over Jackson because while neither has a perfect reputation in my experience fender are more consistent than Jackson and strat's are versatile and should be part of any guitar collection
SMILE!
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
Play them if you can, and decide based on which you enjoy playing. But I would always take fender over Jackson because while neither has a perfect reputation in my experience fender are more consistent than Jackson and strat's are versatile and should be part of any guitar collection

You're kidding right?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^ +1

the dk2 is MIJ. Japanese stuff is basically a byword for consistency.

that being said i'm not too fussed on the trem on the jackson (though the trem on the fender might not be amazing, either).

regarding the cleans... probably pretty good, but not quite as sweet as the fender's (as a vintage fender-style bridge tends to have a little more sparkle than a floyd, plus the single on the jackson are noiseless singles which also tend not to have as much sparkle as they're basically humbuckers).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
regarding the cleans... probably pretty good, but not quite as sweet as the fender's (as a vintage fender-style bridge tends to have a little more sparkle than a floyd, plus the single on the jackson are noiseless singles which also tend not to have as much sparkle as they're basically humbuckers).

So would changing the pickups on Jackson solve the problem?
Quote by LP_CL
You're kidding right?

No this is my serious face,

Nah I mixed up Jackson and Dean in my head disregard what I said
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Feb 26, 2012,
Quote by fluorine
So would changing the pickups on Jackson solve the problem?

maybe a bit, but the problem is you're already sorta paying a premium for it already having decent pickups fitted (though i guess you could always sell them on). also as i said, a floyd sorta sounds like a floyd to a certain extent nomatter what you do.

but i mean those duncan stacks should be alright for cleans. they are fairly low output. just i wasn't too fussed when i tried them (though i forget which amp i used, it may have been more the amp's fault than the pickups )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?