Page 1 of 2
Why don't scientists start working on turning on those genes so we can have super strength? Full grown chimps can rip car doors off hinges, and I think we should be able to do that too.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why don't scientists start working on turning on those genes so we can have super strength? Full grown chimps can rip car doors off hinges, and I think we should be able to do that too.

I may be wrong, but by the looks of your post I'm guessing you're a little bit more than 98.5% chimp.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

*ahem* well without going into you entire misunderstanding of genetics, lets just say genetic technology isn't quite there yet.
SMILE!
If everyone could rip car doors off, then criminals can break in cars even faster then they can now
I don't know about you retard liberals, but I'm no monkey.
Check out my band Disturbed
If a McDonald's hamburger patty is only 15% irl meat, can't vegetarians just eat 85% of Big Mac™?
Quote by Leon987
If everyone could rip car doors off, then criminals can break in cars even faster then they can now

yeah but firefighters can save people without jaws of lives and use the money spent on the jaws for improving communities.
brb "turning genes" and creating upper body strength that chimpanzees developed from millions of years of swinging their whole body weight in branches 24 hours a day.
Because monkeys grow up climbing from as young as they can and can carry their own weight like a feather, and we are brought up eating McDicks and fatty cheeseburgers and we can't even lift ourselves up for more than three chinups?
Is this what you're on about? Upper body strength?
Yeah, I think that's it.

EDIT: Portuguese Boy beat me
Quote by StewieSwan
I don't know about you retard liberals, but I'm no monkey.

I ain't no ape, boy.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
it's a chimpanhuman, it's pretty much my favorite animal

known for its skills in magic, and ripping off car doors

In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Fat Lard

We aren't 98.5% chimp, we simply share 98.5% of our DNA.

And because that would be stupid and pointless, and the loss of strength in humans isn't entirely genetic, it's also due to lifestyle. DNA sets the capacity for strength, but it does not control the actual level to a degree that removes the need for actual training.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Wisthekiller
If people and bananas share 50% of the same DNA, why can't scientists crank up the peel-having?

Technically we can. The sunburn mutates our DNA and makes it so the "banana" DNA is more active, and that is why our skin peels after sunburns.
Quote by due 07
If a McDonald's hamburger patty is only 155% irl meat, can't vegetarians just eat 85% of Big Mac™?

Quote by due 07
If a McDonald's hamburger patty is only 15% irl meat, can't vegetarians just eat 85% of Big Mac™?

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Feb 26, 2012,
Quote by Fat Lard
Technically we can. The sunburn mutates our DNA and makes it so the "banana" DNA is more active, and that is why our skin peels after sunburns.

wow
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by SG_dave
I may be wrong, but by the looks of your post I'm guessing you're a little bit more than 98.5% chimp.

Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by due 07

I couldn't help myself, sorry. Especially as it was singular.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 26, 2012,
If we are 98.5% Chimpanzees, does it still make a sound?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Fat Lard
yeah but firefighters can save people without jaws of lives and use the money spent on the jaws for improving communities.

Are you stupid? Think of the economic consequences of shutting down the jaws of life factories.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.

TS, you're an idiot.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last time I checked I'm 100% human.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
As an anthropology student, this thread is making me weep.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
There is only one response to this:

herrrrrrrpa derrrrrrpppppp
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by Jackintehbox
What is the sound of 98.5% of one chimpanzee clapping?

You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Humans are 98.5% chimp, therefore humans do not exist.
Who has the sig that says something about jellyfish?
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
OP is the 98.5%
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Page 1 of 2