View poll results: ?
Intentional
17 24%
accidental/situational
35 50%
I like cereal
18 26%
Voters: 70.
Which do you find funnier? Intentional, like skits, jokes, stand up, movies, etc. or situatonal- funny events, accidents, experiences, youtube videos (that aren't purposeful), etc.?

Have a feeling intentional will win.

I myself prefer intentional.

It depends. There are a lot of factors.

Though flat humor is the best accidental humor.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Well written, intentional humor has a bigger pay off, but there's a reason that this video is so great.
Last edited by blake1221 at Feb 26, 2012,
Accidental/situational

edit: Cause the best part in SNL was always when Jimmy Fallon started laughing. Spontaneity is funny. Accidents are funny. Intentional humor can be fine if it's written nicely and isn't contrived.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Feb 26, 2012,
Accidental usually, but intentional can be hilarious if it's well written. Though intentional comedy like sketches or stand-up is usually built upon some kind of "accidental situation" isn't it?
Quote by rid_the_disease
Accidental usually, but intentional can be hilarious if it's well written. Though intentional comedy like sketches or stand-up is usually built upon some kind of "accidental situation" isn't it?

true, but they're often times embellished or flat out made up. And a lot of the humor is in the delivery, at least in my opinion.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
true, but they're often times embellished or flat out made up. And a lot of the humor is in the delivery, at least in my opinion.

I agree. Delivery is key.
Both. Sort of depends.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Intentional can be funnier, but it can also flat out suck when it's "too" intentional.
Like in sitcoms where clever comebacks are made far too quickly
Weetabix > the universe

As for the type of humour I don't prefer either. I like intentional humour like Father Ted, How I met your mother, stand up-comedians but I might also like unintentional humour like cat stuff, clumsiness (like mr bean IRL) or the star wars prequels.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
There's no option for both. It depends entirely on the situation.
Both.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Incidental/improvisational stuff is the best. Even stuff that's scripted in such a way as to appear unscripted is better than regular old scripting. For example, Top Gear.
Quote by devourke
I love cats

ftfy

I love cereal. My funny bone is easily tickled (what a horrible metaphor) so I don't really have a preference.
cat
I like the type of humor that has two Us in it...

I think accidental humour is more likely to be funny - not necessarily more funny, but it probably won't flop.
So a high school drum major is conducting the marching band, until an accidental fall. As the major falls, the ladder comes crashing down, flattening him into a flat major.

amidoinitrite?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I would say accidental, because I guess its unexpected. Even though intentional stuff does get pretty funny, its usually the accidental stuff that gets the most laughs.