Did a search and nothing came up so here it is.

Anyone here have any reptiles? Interested in getting anything? General questions? You came to the right place!

I myself only have a lemon pastel ball python named Charles, hes almost a year old and getting pretty hefty

Old picture, he's much bigger now.

Go !
Edit; Holy massive pictures batman
just give me a fender and let me rip
I have a reptile, he's a red eared slider and his name is Myrtle, I love him!

He's flying!

STಠ_ಠ
Quote by Andrea55

He's flying!

turtles are amphibians >_>

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol

0.o No they aren't.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I have an pair of blue tree monitors :/ as well as an amazon basin emerald tree boa. and a croc monitor... he's a feisty one he is

He's flying!

[IG]http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb385/andrea4kittie/Myrtle1-1.jpg

I had two of those red-eared turtles myself
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by moscaespañol

I really hope you're trolling.

OT: Im really very interested in getting some reptiles, amphibians and fish as pets but my problem is lack of space to keep tanks. Some day Id love some frilled lizards, tiger or fire salamanders, and a giant snakehead (thats a fish btw). Id also love to build a mixed water/land tank where i can keep suitable fish, reptiles and amphibians together. Id also really love to get a few caiman lizards someday but currently they are hard to find and very expensive.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by Todd Hart
0.o No they aren't.

This.

Quote by Kensai
I had two of those red-eared turtles myself

STಠ_ಠ
Turtles definitely count ! For the fellow with the Blue tree monitors; damn, how big are they also, ETBs are gorgeous but I really want a blue GTP haha? And as far as caiman lizards go, They're definitely not for me... I just dont think crocodiles and things of that nature make for good pets. Unless you're in the super villian bussiness

/pun

OT: I used to have a chameleon. Released it one day. I miss that little guy ;_;
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by sk8board3r
Turtles definitely count ! For the fellow with the Blue tree monitors; damn, how big are they also, ETBs are gorgeous but I really want a blue GTP haha? And as far as caiman lizards go, They're definitely not for me... I just dont think crocodiles and things of that nature make for good pets. Unless you're in the super villian bussiness

They aren't actual crocodilians they are just lizards that look vaguely like crocodiles and are semi aquatic. Beautiful lizards, a type of tegu i think, they look like baby godzillas lol
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
^ I guess I was thinking about Caimans, the " alligatorid crocodylians within the subfamily Caimaninae" That grow up to 4 meters, horrible pet. haha, and why would you release your chameleon? Especially Manitoba, instead of killing it I'm sure an add on kijiji would have found a home for him
so.. so over the hedge lied to me?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Thats sweet, you must be a pretty awesome guy, are you a fan of rats by any chance?
I've always thought owning reptiles is kind of weird... Maybe not so much turtoises and tortles. It could be worse though, it could be spiders...

I now won't revisit this thread in case someone posts a picture of one.

I probably won't be sleeping for a week either...
Quote by sk8board3r
Thats sweet, you must be a pretty awesome guy, are you a fan of rats by any chance?

Yes, not wild one, but I like rodents. I also like your python a lot. I love snakes but my girlfriend is batshit afraid of them so I cant really own one.
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Feb 26, 2012,
My dad used to have a handful of Mantella frogs (amphibians, i know. just felt like mentioning it) and two Leopard Geckos.

the Geckos were pretty cool, but we never got them used to being handled, so they'd always freak out and try to run away when you took them out of the tank.

i want to get a baby Chameleon, but I feel like it'd be a bad idea with the two cats we have now. plus, they're like 100 bucks at the pet store.

also owned an Anole I bought as a kid at a street fair. i didn't take very good care of it (i feel terrible now) and it got to a point where it wouldn't eat anything, but wouldn't die either. it just turned brown and made me feel guilty for the entire month it somehow managed to survive.
Aw man, I've thought about making this thread before but never bothered. Anyway, here's my *almost* 10 year old male Corn Snake, named Striker.

Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Aww sweet Corn ! Moar pictures too btw everybody ! I'll post a couple more of Charles. And as far as Frogs, turtles, crabs, spiders and scorpions go, a lot of people with reptiles also have them as well, so pictures are more then welcome !

nom nom nom
I totally want to get a snake, I've always wanted one.

But I have a couple of constraints
-I live in an apartment, they're probably not allowed (although my landlord doesn't know about our cat)
-I will probably be living in a dorm in the fall and I'm pretty sure there rules say no to reptiles and most pets

But anyways
Whats it like maintaining a snake? Obviously they're sly and can probably get into a lot of shit if let roam free so I know they'd be high maitenance.
Price range for a common pet snake to purchase?
And what is the maitenance like? As far as work and cost
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Obviously theres higher maintanace snakes, but as far as Ball pythons go, (corn snakes bull snakes gopher snakes milk snakes, lots of others) Theres really nothing too it. They dont poop too often, clean it up when they do. Clean the tank every once in a while, I use Aspen shavings but they'll do just as fine with newspaper if you're on a budget. Put a heat pad on one side of thier tank so they have a hot and cold side, put a light on the hot side for extra heat/ night and day. I feed charles once a week, and if you go to a reptile expo (theres probably one near you at some point) you can find everything nice and cheap
I had a pet iguana for almost 4 years. His name was Joulio and he was great. Unfortunately, he cut through the screen porch one summer (he was potty trained, mostly, and we let him free roam).

Im moving to Atlanta soon, and Ill be in a bigger house. Im thinking of getting a small monitor of some sort. Anyone have any experience with these guys?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by sk8board3r
Obviously theres higher maintanace snakes, but as far as Ball pythons go, (corn snakes bull snakes gopher snakes milk snakes, lots of others) Theres really nothing too it. They dont poop too often, clean it up when they do. Clean the tank every once in a while, I use Aspen shavings but they'll do just as fine with newspaper if you're on a budget. Put a heat pad on one side of thier tank so they have a hot and cold side, put a light on the hot side for extra heat/ night and day. I feed charles once a week, and if you go to a reptile expo (theres probably one near you at some point) you can find everything nice and cheap

Ahh OK, the other pets you have in your house im guessing are all reptiles? I'm guessing as long as I'm living in my apartment and there's a cat here I won't be having a snake.
But IF my school next year allows pets...

How often do you let him out of his tank? Does he ever cause problems or you lose him when he's out?

Btw he's beutiful in those pictures of him eating the mouse
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
My brother has a leopard gecko, and we've had lots of turtles/Salamanders over the years.

We had the biggest Tiger salamander, he was 14 inches from tip to tip. It was also morbidly obese.

Yes, I know its an amphibian, but I love the way their faces look. They always look so derpy.
Cute salamander !

Quote by vicarious46
Ahh OK, the other pets you have in your house im guessing are all reptiles? I'm guessing as long as I'm living in my apartment and there's a cat here I won't be having a snake.
But IF my school next year allows pets...

How often do you let him out of his tank? Does he ever cause problems or you lose him when he's out?

Btw he's beutiful in those pictures of him eating the mouse

And nope I have a beautiful lab/boxer too. But I take him out and play with him all the time (except for a couple days after he feeds) They wont escape the tank if its secure, and they wont get away from you if you keep an eye on them. The more you handle them the better, that goes with most reptiles, once they get used to being handled they're great. Some are just great right off the bat. And those pictures are actually him eatting his first rat
Ok, awesome man thanks for all the help I'll look into this a little more to see if I can actually own a snake at or home or college

Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Man, I love ball pythons, the only reptile I have is a dwarf gecko, and he hates being handled:

Hahaha damn thats a small gecko, how big do they usually get?
My friend's corn snake bit the shit out of my hand. Left two little dots that looked all cool.

It's freaky as fuck when they strike.
I've had a King Snake for a few years now, but I'm gonna get rid of it soon probably. Less out of dislike for the animal than the fact that I'm a horrible owner. I always forget to go buy mice for the damned thing so it never gets its food on time

EDIT:
This isn't him, but this is exactly what he looks like

Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Last edited by namesroverrated at Feb 29, 2012,
Sweet looking snake. Maybe buy rats in bulk for a discount price? Check Kijiji in your area, usually people who do that have ads up. Instead of spending $4.50 on a frozen rat at my pet store, I'll spend $20 on 6 rats and just keep them in the freezer till its time. That way I only have to go rat shopping every money and a half

Hell yeah.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
I mainly keep Tokay Geckos (Gekko gecko). I'm the biggest breeder of Tokay morphs in Europe to my knowledge and keep about 30 or so. I also keep...

Rhacodactylus cilliatus
Rhacodactylus l. leachianus
Rhacodactylus chahoua
Pogona vitticeps
Tupinambis marinae
Malaysian and Indonesian Gekko smithii

I'd love to keep snakes but I have a limited amount of space and there's still species of Lizard I'd rather keep!
I know this is an old thread but all I could find, just got my first snake, well actually he was a present for my wife, along with a 40 gallon tank and all the accesories, he's an albino prairie kingsnake, only 14" long right now, ill put pics soon
I love snakes! unfortunately it's illegal to keep them as pets here (as well as most other reptiles)

Geckos ftw though
cat