Bought a Bugera 333XL yesterday and it was playing fine till a little bit ago. I tried turning it on and it popped and the on light turned off and I can't get it to turn back on. The general consensus seems to be that I've blown a fuse.
Quote by 95thFallout
Fuse lol your right

Ok, so where can I get these fuses. I'm also a little bit worried about the power tubes. After all, I've heard that they make fuses blow if they are going out. And if not the power tubes, what the hell is it, because I don't want to be blowing fuses randomly. Hell, I've only had it one day. Then again is there the possiblity that people at the store might have been powering it down with the Power button instead of the standby switch?
Bring it back to wherever you bought it and have them take a look at it. I wouldn't pay a tech to fix it if it's only a day out of the store. Should be under warranty or something too, you may want to get an exchange.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by Quinlan
Bring it back to wherever you bought it and have them take a look at it. I wouldn't pay a tech to fix it if it's only a day out of the store. Should be under warranty or something too, you may want to get an exchange.

Yeah, it's under warranty. So, what do I do, just mail it off or something or does the store I bought it at do that for me?
Quote by AsOneIStand
Yeah, it's under warranty. So, what do I do, just mail it off or something or does the store I bought it at do that for me?

It can't hurt going back to the store, especially since you've only had it for one day. See what they have to say and take it from there.
REGGIE
I don't know, it's just that I really expected a lot from tube amps and if it's screwed up a day out of the store, I just think I may stick with solid-state. Good thing I have another amp. I think I may just see if I can get my money back and put that toward another guitar or something.
Quote by AsOneIStand
I don't know, it's just that I really expected a lot from tube amps and if it's screwed up a day out of the store, I just think I may stick with solid-state. Good thing I have another amp. I think I may just see if I can get my money back and put that toward another guitar or something.

It's true that tube amps aren't as easy to maintain as solid state amps, but don't let this turn you off. I know Bugera aren't exactly renowned for their reliability, but in general it's rare to have a tube amp die on you after a single day of use.
REGGIE
The store you bought it at *should* exchange it for another of the same amp (or one of equal value; equivalent to a refund or something). Unless you bought the amp online, then I think that works differently... I don't have online amp experience outside of fleabay, and there was definitely no return policy there.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Well they said exchanges or store credit and I'm honestly hoping they allow me to change it for something else or give me store credit of equivalent value. That way, I can get something better and just use my B-52 for now. Thought about saving up for a Mesa Double Recto or something of that sort, although I more or less might want a different cab. This B-52 one is ok for the head it came with, but with the Bug, it's terrible.
Where do you live? In my country, you're legally obligated to a full cash refund if the product you're sold proves itself faulty within the first 10 days after purchase.
Quote by AsOneIStand
Hey guys! Just an update! It needed a new fuse! Amp works great now! Thank you all!

Fuses blow for a reason - to prevent other parts of equipment getting damaged due to component failure etc. I would be hesitant to just throw a new fuse in and carry on playing - there may have been a good reason it blew. Also, do not judge all tube amps by Bugera standards, they are an offshoot of the Behringer company, and we all know about the quality of their products.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Last edited by jukejointjohnny at Feb 28, 2012,