I bought an Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos and it was shipped over from Ireland. Anyway, it was shipped in a wooden crate and the strap button nearest the neck had to be removed for it to fit. how do I put it back in? is it just a case of screwing it back on or do I need glue/wax etc?
Just screw it in. If it's loose then pack the hole with a matchstick and some superglue and try again
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
Just screw it in. If it's loose then pack the hole with a matchstick and some superglue and try again

This.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Congrats on the acquisition dude! The XPT700 is an awesome guitar.

I have to ask though, why did the strap button need to be taken out? Doesn't seem like it would get in the way, given where it is. *shrug*
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Nah you don't need glue or wax. Personally, I'd take this opportunity and buy a set of strap locks. You'd screw those in the same way that you put the strap button on, so you'd be good to go .
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by VVolverin3
Congrats on the acquisition dude! The XPT700 is an awesome guitar.

I have to ask though, why did the strap button need to be taken out? Doesn't seem like it would get in the way, given where it is. *shrug*

Yeah man I love the guitar, its perfect for me, and I love the Dimarzio Dactivators too. As for why the strap button had to be taken out, its because the guitar was laid on its back in a wooden crate for the shipping, and if the strap button was still in it, it would have been resting its entire weight on that one screw for the entire journey, which surely isnt good, could have caused a crack in the wood or something
Is the strap button on the back?

On mine they were under the horns (ie pointing "towards" the neck) if that makes sense.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀