Hey everybody,

I am looking to buy some new pickups, and I reallly want them to be bright blue in color. Honestly I am not too picky with which kind of pickups I will get, because any pickups I buy will be an improvement on what I have now.

I have a black fender lead II guitar (it looks just like a strat) so I am looking for some strat pickups. I have seen on the dimarzio website that they have blue pickups, but I can't order from the dimarzio website, I have to find one of their dealers. Does anyone know where I can buy colored pickups on the internet? I would try and call different places but they are all closed for the night, and I really want to buy some tonight.

Thanks,

Pop
Tell us where you live for starters, along with how much you want to spend. Guitarfetish has cheap pickups which you could buy covers for in any colour, but they mightn't be good enough.

I've also spray painted pickups before, but it depends how desperate/picky you are
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Feb 26, 2012,
I live in Chicago, but I have a travelling job so I am currently stationed in Champaign, IL right now.

Price is not really important to me, just as long as they aren't ridiculously expensive. I have enough money to get super nice pickups, but honestly I probably won't notice a difference between super nice pups and just pretty good pups.
Have you actually bought from this website with the pickup covers? Is it legit?
Quote by sammo_boi
Tell us where you live for starters, along with how much you want to spend. Guitarfetish has cheap pickups which you could buy covers for in any colour, but they mightn't be good enough.

I've also spray painted pickups before, but it depends how desperate/picky you are

i have sprayed the plastic surround of a single coil , and it has been as is for a long time, no issues, krylon oddly enough maker some great spray cans for plastic.

i think that is what sammo was saying as in not literally spraying the whole pickup, but just the removable plastic.

if that is wrong let me know sammo.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have sprayed the plastic surround of a single coil , and it has been as is for a long time, no issues, krylon oddly enough maker some great spray cans for plastic.

i think that is what sammo was saying as in not literally spraying the whole pickup, but just the removable plastic.

if that is wrong let me know sammo.

That's what I meant!
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
The covers I referred to were from another member of this site. They're $2.00 each. Ummmm, take a chance, most you're out is a few dollars. Best case, you got what you wanted, dirt cheap.