Page 1 of 2
Due to my procrastination and hatred for sadistic dentists, I have a tooth problem, just wondering if anyone's had the same thing:

As you can see from the scientific diagram, my wisdom tooth has come barging its unwanted ass through my gum, hurting my gums and pushing against my molar, also making that sore. It stopped hurting after a while, then one day I ran my tongue along my tooth and felt a crack in the molar.

Now, it doesn't hurt when I eat, but I know I'll have to get it this bastard sorted sooner rather than later. For now I'm chewing with the other side of my mouth, and GODDAMN it's a shocker. My right side is just not the efficient chewing machine that the left side is.

QUESTION: What will the sadist fucks at my local dentistry practise do? Will they take out the wisdom, the molar, or both?

thnx p1t

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Either way, you're fucked.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Probably pull out the wisdom and fill in the crack some painful shitty way.

I hate dentists just as much as you. They messed up my root canal. Had the bar that was stuck in my tooth crack into my mouth. After weeks of work, the nubbed cracked tooth was pulled out.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Not all dentists are sadists, they're getting paid to sort out your mess.

I don't know what they'll do, but chances are they're going to help you.
i am having wisdom teeth trouble too
my left gums over my wisdom teeth are really hurting and swelling up
my tooth is trying to grow up thru my gums and it hurts like balls
i dont see why you wouldnt take the cracked tooth out and leave the uncracked ****beard wisdom tooth

excellent diagram btw
Quote by Nelsean
Probably pull out the wisdom and fill in the crack some painful shitty way.

I hate dentists just as much as you. They messed up my root canal. Had the bar that was stuck in my tooth crack into my mouth. After weeks of work, the nubbed cracked tooth was pulled out.

Shhhhiiiieeeeetttt :'(

Well I'm not sure what they'll do with the wisdom, seeing as it's the molar's cracked. Had a quick Google and nothing came up... brb cryin

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
They don't just inject anaesthetic into your gums but they inject it with a really long needle into the sinus spaces of the bone as well. Apparently.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Last edited by girlgerms007 at Feb 27, 2012,
Ohh God, I'm not doing this. I'll book a check-up soon, but if they tell me it's local anaesthetic, I'm telling them to get fucked, and if I get denied general, I'll tell them I'll wait for my tooth to get so bad that I have to get general anyway. Foolproof plan?

But yea, I can't handle being awake and listening to my teeth getting crushed. No fucking thing on earth will get me to do that.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by girlgerms007
They don't just inject anaesthetic into your gums but they inject it with a really long needle into the sinus spaces of the bone as well. Apparently.

When I had to get some teeth removed they gave me like six injections each visit. I don't remember where but I do remember that when they did it I was thinking "That's not even my gum you stupid dick." 6 molars removed in total. About 1 week in between each visit. All the molars on my left side had twisted roots so the Dentist had to spend about half an hour trying to brute force the tooth out of my mouth so by the last half hour I was pretty sure the anesthetic was working at about 40% as good as it was when he started (Which wasn't really that great to start with).

Anyway, I had to chew all my food with my canines for about 3 weeks and my mouth tasted/smelt horrible because of all the congealed blood which was rotting or some shit.
Quote by devourke
When I had to get some teeth removed they gave me like six injections each visit. I don't remember where but I do remember that when they did it I was thinking "That's not even my gum you stupid dick." 6 molars removed in total. About 1 week in between each visit. All the molars on my left side had twisted roots so the Dentist had to spend about half an hour trying to brute force the tooth out of my mouth so by the last half hour I was pretty sure the anesthetic was working at about 40% as good as it was when he started (Which wasn't really that great to start with).

Anyway, I had to chew all my food with my canines for about 3 weeks and my mouth tasted/smelt horrible because of all the congealed blood which was rotting or some shit.

...Jesus crotch-sniffing Christ... how's your mouth now?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
a shocker you say?

so two in the pink, one in the stink?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Zero-Hartman
...Jesus crotch-sniffing Christ... how's your mouth now?

This.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Get that shit taken out asap. Wisdom teeth can really **** things up. I've never had a bad dentist experience and I've had 8 teeth out and half a tooth repaired.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Depends how your wisdom tooth is coming in

I dunno which is worse, normal, or the way mine came in.

I have "imapcted" wisdom teeth which means they came in in some weird ass angle like.. on their side:

..and I had no problems with them at all. You can only just see one corner of them sticking through my gum if you look into my mouth

If yours are like that, they'll removed them and fix the crack?
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Great, now I have a sympathy toothache.

Thanks alot.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
My friend also had to have a nerve re-routed when they did hers.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Haven't been to the dentist in 6 years. I have a hole in one of my molars. Like hell I'm gonna wait 6 hours in the dentist office just to get my teeth drilled into.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I lol'd at the picture.

Tooth aches are in my opinion the worst physical aches. I've had several and daily for quite a long time before I did extensive (and expensive) work on my teeth. I know that feel, bros.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
First off, TS, the truth of the matter is that you're gonna have to man up and deal with this shit. It isn't gonna be pretty. It will cause you some pain. However, if you ignore it, it will also cause you some pain - more pain. You're staring down the barrel of some lose/lose type shit right now.

I know that dentists aren't the same everywhere, but I just started going again this past fall after a near ten year hiatus. I had an hour long cleaning one day, four fillings another day, and another three fillings on yet another day. Fortunately, this place rubs an anesthetic on the gum before inserting a needle to inject more anesthetic. I really liked this.

The reason I stayed away from the dentist for as long as I had, was because I had four bicuspids pulled to make room for braces (I had some bad crowding in front). Getting those teeth pulled was one of the shittiest things I've gone through, mostly because I remember the whole thing very clearly; a crushed tooth, pain, grunting, wrenching, pain, some bitching, more wrenching, a swollen face, pain, a dry socket (which meant four days of steady pain and little sleep)... I'm pretty sure this particular dentist was an old-school sadist. After all that, it was more than two years of braces - which means regular pain...

Now, if you've actually read all of that, I'm going to have to get my wisdom teeth pulled soon. I have the same impacted bullshit going on that Sam B was talking about and it goes right down to the nerve-line in my jaw. The difference is that I'm 32 now and it has come to a head, there is no more putting it off. As soon as my insurance year starts over (May) I'll be going in, and it's still going to cost me about a thousand bucks out of my own pocket.

All I can really say is that you could have it a hell of a lot worse. I know it hurts, but putting it off will only make it worse yet.

Man up and get your ass in there.

EDIT: Oh, and to answer your question, they will likely pull the wisdom tooth. As for your cracked molar, they will salvage it if they can.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Last edited by Jazz Funeral at Feb 27, 2012,
I probably won't get wisdom teeth - winning!
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
^ Lucky smartass.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Man up.

They had to break my jaw to get my wisdom teeth out. All four of them plus a few stragglers that got damaged in the process.

If I went through that, you can go through it.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I have a dentist appointment today.
I'm supposed to get 4 cavities filled sometime (which isn't too big a deal I guess) but i'm telling them this day is cleaning/check up only, and then never coming back.

**** the dentist.
Quote by sam b

I have "imapcted" wisdom teeth which means they came in in some weird ass angle

Me too. They play hell with my other teeth. I've had one of the 4 bastards pulled and 2 more of them are giving me major trouble right now. I will be going soon to have them pulled too. My dentist isn't too bad, but the gas doesn't work on me at all... Until I had that one wisdom tooth yanked, I hadn't been in 10 years...
SHOOOOOPS
...is my MUSIC as good as muh shoops?

Quote by sglover34479
You know life isn't fair when people like HB are stuck posting on a guitar forum instead of rolling in bitches and cash.
The wisdom tooth on my right side is out, just slightly angled. On the other side I can only feel a slight gap in the gum, so its probaly more angled. Don't cause any pain or discomfort what so ever. I probably won't even get them removed.

The best tooth pulling experience I had was this one time when I went to get one of my tooth fixed. I only heard slight cracking and scratching. They didn't use any pulling tools or anything, so I just assumed they were fixing it. I was really surprised in the end when I was about to leave and they asked if I wanted the tooth with me.
Those ninja dentists
Yeah. You should probably just man up. Having your teeth pulled really isn't very bad. The injection only hurts for five seconds, and assuming your dentist isn't a dumbass, there won't be any pain during the procedure.

And, as said before, I would assume that they are going to pull out your wisdom teeth, and fix the crack. It's not like you're having a root canal.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Hey I used to play bass for Bastard Tooth.
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
Quote by Sewe Dae
Hey I used to play bass for Bastard Tooth.

I bet you thought you were famous when you read the thread title.
My dentist is female, attractive and Spanish. Her assistant is even female-er, attractive-er and Spanish-er.

Oh, and my wisdom teeth came through with no problems.

I had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago before they started causing trouble. It wasn't too bad since they put me out to do it. One second I'm getting an IV, next second I'm sitting at home with a bottle of Vicodin and a bowl of chocolate pudding. I couldn't eat properly for a few days though.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
Quote by TEK34
My dentist is female, attractive and Spanish. Her assistant is even female-er, attractive-er and Spanish-er.

Oh, and my wisdom teeth came through with no problems.

Hot female dentists are the bomb.
Nothing eases the pain of teeth being handled like boobs on ones forehead.
Page 1 of 2