Hey I've been playing too much and now after a long long time(ever since I started playing I didn't have this) my fingertips hurt a bit (ring and little finger).
I know all I have to do is to stop playing for a couple of days.
Are there any products to protect the finger while playing? Those kinda of silicone finger"caps"?
If so, where can I buy them(on-line or so, preferably in Europe)??
Thanks peeps.
It's not that serious
I have pratice with a few friends today, and was just wondering what options there are.
Harden up princess.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
just play through it. they will harden

also, if you really do need to put somthing on put a small amount of super glue or fake nail glue on the tips of your fingers and allow them to dry. that way you have a layer of protection.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
The worst thing you can do is wait a few days and practice again. If you don't play for a while, your calluses start to soften and then you are back where you started.

The ideal way to do this is to play a little bit everyday (maybe half an hour or a bit more) - just enough to keep those calluses hard. You don't want to do marathon playing sessions either, that will just wear you out.

Moderation dude.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Just ripped my calluses right now and they kill.

Then I knocked my cable, and it died. I originally thought I killed a power tube, but I was glad to know it wasn't the toobz.

Carry on.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by rocknroll93
just play through it. they will harden

Thing is, I play for more than 10 years I shouldn't have problems with hardening(lololol I loved how that sounded).

This last week I played a lot, (last saturday....almost all day >5h for sure, with all the on and offs), It's not the outer skin that is suffering, that's not even red. It's the insides. But thanks for the superglue tips.
Quote by forevertheuni
Thing is, I play for more than 10 years I shouldn't have problems with hardening(lololol I loved how that sounded).

This last week I played a lot, (last saturday....almost all day >5h for sure, with all the on and offs), It's not the outer skin that is suffering, that's not even red. It's the insides. But thanks for the superglue tips.

If you've been playing for 10 years, you should know playing for that amount of time is going to tear your fingers no matter how hard they are.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
I never understand how people can be retarded enough to play for long enough to damage their fingers.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
When my fingers begin to hurt, I dig through y mom's sewing kit and get 4 thimbles to wear on my fingers. Gives you a cool "metal" tone too nyuknyuknyuk
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Geeeeessshhhh, can't a guy ask something. If you're an agression troll go to 4chan or whatever.
Quote by forevertheuni
Geeeeessshhhh, can't a guy ask something. If you're an agression troll go to 4chan or whatever.
ggg1 ggg3

I use a medical tape. It makes your strings a bit sticky if overused, but better than bleeding fingers. If you must practise that much.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by SG_dave
Dude, if you're playing electric and your fingers start to hurt you're playing too hard. Lighten up with the fretting hand. Either that or your action is way off.

On acoustic?

electric. And I thing I don't fret that hard on chords. It was a solo I wanted to nail it till today so I played it and played it until I did it right. It has a lot of strong bends, I guess that did it
1. Don't play so long at a time. Practice often in short spurts. Kinda like sex.

2. Endure because the discomfort is a part of learning.