So basically, I've been trying to consolidate my gear for moving into University next year (I'm currently doing distance classes).

Basically I had a Spider III 75W amp that I use as a clean for my HD500 and I really don't need it. In short, my friend really needed an amp and offered his 2000 DeArmond M-66 guitar.

Needless to say, I accepted.

It's an amazing guitar from what I've played on it so far. The action is just perfect. The bridge is in just the right place for my hand. The knobs do not ever get in my way when playing unlike a lot of guitar models.

The wiring is actually modded to have 1 volume for the bridge pickup, and then 3 tone knobs. My only 'complaint' (and it really doesn't bother me) is the fret access. It's not more restricted per se, the cutting isn't as deep, so I just have to reach my hand around a little more. It didn't bother me at all.

The pickups surprised me. The neck had the grid and depth perfect for metalcore. Then I switched over to the bridge and it has great gain without mass sustain (perfect for sweep picking).

Has anyone else had good experiences with these?
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Wow. That's awesome. And for a line 6 spider III that's a genius deal, I've never played one but they look awesome.
HNGD.
Wait, so the volume is just for the bridge pickup? No neck pickup volume?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
HNGD!
How are there 3 tone knobs with 2 pickups?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Dr Sixstring
HNGD.
Wait, so the volume is just for the bridge pickup? No neck pickup volume?

master volume. will control both pickups.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by JKHC
HNGD!
How are there 3 tone knobs with 2 pickups?

one for the bridge specifically, one for the neck specifically, and then one for the middle selection specifically. or something like that.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
pretty epic win right there.

great color too.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.