Hello guitarists,

I have a very odd question (I'm sorry if I put up in the wrong forum), I hope everyone out there can figure out answers (especially for guitar experts). I haven't play guitar too long, but I have the big deal to find this electric guitar.

Of course if you are seeing Rickenbacker 325, the famous expensive guitar, you know which type of music I've play so far until now. I'm really like to play pinky techniques, moving the pinky along frets and strings, until my normal scale length guitar can't play any song which begin with blocking F chord on first fret and moving pinky techniques, as "Hold Me Tight" by The Beatles influence me. I have turned lower tuning to my guitar, and then put up capo on 4th until 5th fret, and then play the song, but seems this method ruining my time if I like to play on the standard tuning..I force myself to buy another guitar, but I don't have money to afford Rickenbacker..

Unfortunately, I have researched through Google and many other guitar forums, that seems the only electrics with 20.75" scale length just Rick 325, that I cant't afford anyway. So I need anyone's suggestion to get another electric type which also have the scale length with 325, but cheaper than the bloody expensive 325

Thanks so much!
That is an extremely abnormal scale length. I'd really urge you to get something with a 24.75" scale, and just play it/get used to it.

Other than that, Rondo might have something. I'll check.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Fender jazzmaster, jaguar, mustang, and duosonic all have 24" scales.
The shortest scale guitar I can think of is the squier mini strat (22.5" i think), but I'm certain its garbage.
20,75''? Seriously?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by &baconstrips
Fender jazzmaster, jaguar, mustang, and duosonic all have 24" scales.
The shortest scale guitar I can think of is the squier mini strat (22.5" i think), but I'm certain its garbage.

wrong. jazzmaster is 25.5" like a strat.

fender also made some 22.5" scale duosonic and musicmaster guitars in the '60s which are pretty good but hard to find and still very pricey. there are some daisy rock guitars with 22.5" scales, they are meant for little girls, whether or not that bothers you is a different matter entirely, but i doubt they are any good, quality-wise.

you're not likely to find a guitar with such a short scale as 20.75" that isn't a piece of crap... the rickenbacker 325 isn't that brilliant either, to be honest.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
my 2003 fender stratocaster junior has 22.5 scale ( 3/4 size body of a fender strat ) ...very rare guitar .. children size ( or travel guitar) .. the best guitar you can find in that scale lenght .

other than that maybe the uber cheap squier mini .. but the thing is very cheap and wont stay in tune . thats what youll get for 99 $

mine is for sale , but with the upgrade and everything i did , im asking 425 $ shipped since its not a squier .. but a real Fender stratocaster Junior made in mexico ( fender only made them 1 year in christmas 2003 . ive upgraded the tuners to american deluxe F logo locking tuners and a duncan hot rails in the bridge .

theres not much guitar in that scale . 20.5 is way too short IMO , this thing wont intonate right and will need .52 strings gauge to compensate the short scale for string tension .

not worth it .

im playing .48 on my Fender stratocaster junior to copmpensate the short scale and get the right intonation /string tension .

IMO thats the perfect string tension for a short scale guitar .

good luck . short scale guitar are hard to find . 90 % of them are cheap in the 99 $ for children who just want a guitar for fun and wont play it .

im selling mine in the classified cause i barely play it since 2 month . im getting use to full scale ) and play less with my JR .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Feb 27, 2012,
Quote by Blompcube
wrong. jazzmaster is 25.5" like a strat.

fender also made some 22.5" scale duosonic and musicmaster guitars in the '60s which are pretty good but hard to find and still very pricey. there are some daisy rock guitars with 22.5" scales, they are meant for little girls, whether or not that bothers you is a different matter entirely, but i doubt they are any good, quality-wise.

you're not likely to find a guitar with such a short scale as 20.75" that isn't a piece of crap... the rickenbacker 325 isn't that brilliant either, to be honest.

Sorry I dropped the ball on that one, I really thought I remembered playing a 24" Jazzmaster... whatever

Just try a 24" or find another way to play whatever you're trying to play (couldn't understand from your description)