im gonna be selling for jackson for $150 and wanted to keep a cheap strat. i could maybe go 150-200. any ideas? im in american btw. im gonna mainly use it for like cleans and jimi hendrix and blues. I have my ltd for the metal stuff. had no idea somebody was gonna offer up for the jackson.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
You can find used mims on Craigslist for 200-250 every now and then if you are in a somewhat large city. Or squire vm strats are pretty good too. I've never really dealt with any of the knockoffs but you can usually buy something better (fender or squire ) used than the what you would get buying a new copy.
ill look into that.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
+1 to what treysonpwaters said - either a used Squire Classic Vibe or MIM Fender would be good. Luckily Fenders are dirt cheap used.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yeah. i think once I get the money im gonna hit up some pawn shops.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Pawn shops usually have a ton of crap, for ridiculous prices. All the deals and steals are on Craigs List.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
then I am out of luck. our craigslist blows.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Try looking at the used gear on music123.com they normally ship everywhere in America for free. I have seen a few Squier VM's and CV's on there for $250ish in mint condition with free shipping to anywhere in the US.
Yeah look for a used Mexican strat. Some Squire Strats can have plywood bodies with abysmal tone. Play the guitar unplugged and make sure it doesn't sound dull. American strats aren't much better than Mexican strats from what I've seen. I love my MIM Strat.

-Tony
Ill see what I can find.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 27, 2012,
I ordered a sx hawk ultra for $160 shipped. only needed $10 extra. its gonna be something to play with and mod. as well as something cheap for my son to mess around with.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 27, 2012,
Cheap guitars are fun to mod so long as they have a half decent tone wood. Otherwise they're not worth putting money into.

You've just got to play them first to be sure. I've played $350 dollar mahogany Ibanezs' that sound worse than a $100 dollar plywood Epiphone. Ya just never know with cheap guitars.

-Tony
it is made of american swamp ash. itll be fun to play with. have been wanting to try one of these for a long time. and if worst comes to worst itll be my sons guitar. cant really lose for the price.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A