I was looking around for a new strat and was debating between two colors; a white one or black(if black I was going to change the pickguard to black as well.). I decided to go with an arctic white with a rosewood fingerboard as this was one of the qualities I liked about the black one.; anyway I was wondering what are your favorite strat colors, and are there any you hate.
"The beer I had for breakfast was pretty good, so I had another."
-Cash
I have the Tom Delonge strat. It's surf green with a perloid pickguard. Aside from how awesome it sounds, I love the surf green finish!
Fiesta Red, a good aged white, and of course the classic 3-tone sunburst are my favorites. Not a huge fan of black with white pickguard, makes it look like a toy or something.
Black, White and Sunburst are all my preferred Strat colors, overall. My Strat is currently Black with a Mint Green pickguard with black knobs on it; I'm planning on making all the pickup covers and knobs and such black.

But for the past year or so I've been GAS'ing for a Seafoam Green Strat with a maple fret board.

Also, the more correct term would be favorite Strat color, as finish more often refers to the material that is applied over the paint to protect the piece of wood.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Natural wood would be my vote or Rory Gallaghers with the paint mostly worn off.
SMILE!
I've always wondered why Fender made anything other than black, white and sunburst.... Guess this thread shows why.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Arctic white strats with maple fretboards are just all kinds of yum.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Lake placid blue without a doubt.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
3 tone Sunburst or Vintage White/Olympic White.
Schecter C-1 Custom
Ibanez Iceman ICT700
Ibanez Deluxe 59'er model
Peavey Vypyr 30
Boss SD-2 Dual Overdrive pedal
Black, White, Candy Apple Red.

3-tone sunbursts are also pretty cool and I actually wanted my Strat to be a TBS, but they only had it in black. Afterwards I don't regret it too much, I like the "neutral" black on black look of my Strat. Might change the pickguard one day though (to chrome or gold most probably).
Actually ever since then I prefer solid colors, even on other types of guitars.
Which doesn't mean that a sunburst fnish would be a dealbreaker for me though.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I love my sage with gold anodized PG.

I know this isn't a standard Fender color, but I kinda like it. I call it chameleon.
usually i would have said white on white or black on white (black pickguard). but lately ive been into sunburst as well.
Surf green and sonic blue

but the BLIZZARD PEARL then made in 2008 .. is amazing .

arctic white is also nice .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Quote by Dalymiddleboro
I have the Tom Delonge strat. It's surf green with a perloid pickguard. Aside from how awesome it sounds, I love the surf green finish!

I have that guitar too! I've had it since 03 and it's hands down my favorite.

...but only after I customized it a bit.

Custom arctic pearl white, black carbon fiber pickguard, and angled Dimarzio singles...

-Tony
Last edited by X-plorer88 at Feb 27, 2012,
how do those angled singles sound? they look pretty awesome.
"The beer I had for breakfast was pretty good, so I had another."
-Cash
They sounds amazing. The highs are smoother and warmer and the lows are a little brighter.
Also the pole pieces line up a little better with the strings, not to mention it looks badass.
Quote by X-plorer88

Custom arctic pearl white, black carbon fiber pickguard, and angled Dimarzio singles...

-Tony

I want a second delong strat, arctic white the one he uses in the rock show video. where did you go and how much was your paint job? Also, how's it sound with the extra pickups? Have you found them necessary? A lot of people criticize this guitar because it only has the 1 invader but I've found that's all that's necessary. I have my amp set up as a dual amp setup: A fender hot rod deluxe set for it's cleans and a VOX AC15 for it's distortion.
Quote by X-plorer88

-Tony

You should get white Volume/Tone knobs to match the guitars body.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Dr Sixstring
You should get white Volume/Tone knobs to match the guitars body.

Personally, I hate the stock tone knobs that come on strats... They irk me to no end. I love the silver one that comes on the delonge strat. I also like his custom knobs.
Wood. Plain wood with a black pickguard. Either that or almost anything with a matching headstock. I'm a sucker for Fenders with matching headstocks.
Yeah I got those abalone knobs because I wanted that "one off" color look. I wanted just a dash off color to offset the black and white.

I got this guitar a long time ago when I first started playing. It was my first ever guitar. At the time I was into pop-rock and punk. Then I transitioned into metal, and now I'm into Jazz/Frusion and shred. The single coils and tone knobs are a must for that type of playing. I understand how the critics don't like the guitar because of the lone invader pickup, but for its intended style of playing it is adequate. And the Seymore Duncan Invader is probably my all time favorite pickup. I just wanted it to be more versatile.

The single coils are Dimarzio Injector Neck and Area 67 middle. The have a ton of output for single coils, so they keep up with the humbucker but retain good clarity.

I got my guitar painted by Guitar Paint Guys.
http://www.guitarpaintguys.com/

They did a fantastic job. I highly highly recommend them!

-Tony
I'm rather parital to a few different finishes...

Black with white pickguard and maple fingerboard
Arctic white with black pickguard (black pickup covers) and maple fingerboard
Midnight wine, black or white pickguard and rosewood fingerboard <3 (My jazz bass is like this, she's pretty darn sexy)
I pride myself on my humility.
I'd go with white with a black pickguard, wine red with a black pickguard, the dark green Fender does(I can't find the name for it, I've only seen it listed as "Metallic Green Sparkle" but when I look that up I get the more mild/bluey shades of green Fender does) with a black pickguard or Warmoth's Spectra Blue/Black Cherry metallic finishes with a black pickguard. I'm pretty turned off from white pickguards, but I like how they look on white/cream-colored Strats with maple frets. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
3-tier sunburst with mint/aged pickguard

oh wait

that's what i have XD

(top middle)

brown sunburst. wood finish. surf green. white. black.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
3 Tone sunburst white pickguard maple neck,

or Blizzard white, or faded cream white with a black pickguard and white nobs/covers
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
www.facebook.com/bunderthird
I love my sonic blue mustang, it's a 93 and is a bit lighter than the newer RI mustangs.

I also like orange strats with black pickguards, but I've never seen one besides the internet
Quote by Green_Ghoul
I love my sonic blue mustang, it's a 93 and is a bit lighter than the newer RI mustangs.

I also like orange strats with black pickguards, but I've never seen one besides the internet

Is a mustang considered a strat technically?
3 tone sunburst, fiesta red, or aged white with a tinted maple neck and aged pickup covers and knobs.
Quote by Green_Ghoul

It's crazy to me that a guitar from the 90's can already be RI. I feel old.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
It's crazy to me that a guitar from the 90's can already be RI. I feel old.
It's not a reissue of a '90s guitar, it's a '90s reissue. The Mustang was a pre-CBS Fender guitar that was discontinued and reissued in the '90s.
Oh okay

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X