Page 1 of 2
CHARDON, Ohio—A gunman opened fire inside an Ohio high-school at the start of the day Monday, killing one student and wounding four, authorities said.

Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said a gunman was in custody but hadn't been charged. The suspect's name wasn't released because he is a juvenile.

A Chardon middle school student is consoled by his older sister.

The suspect was taken into custody near his car about half a mile from the suburban Ohio school, FBI agent Vicki Anderson said.

Students screamed and ran in panic through the halls when gunfire broke out at the 1,100-student Chardon High School.

Heather Ziska, 17, said she was in the cafeteria when she and other students heard popping noises in the hall. She said she saw a boy she recognized as a fellow student come into the cafeteria and start shooting.

She said she and several others immediately ran outside, while other friends ran into another nearby school and others locked themselves in a teachers lounge.

"Everybody just started running," said 17-year-old Megan Hennessy, who was in class when she heard loud noises. "Everyone was running and screaming down the hallway."

Five students were taken to local hospitals, hospital spokeswomen said.

All classes in the district were canceled.

Chardon, a city of about 5,100 people, is about 30 miles east of Cleveland.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204653604577249093133455080.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Surprised there wasn't a thread on this. Terrible news, anyways. What's up with the school shootings?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

Where are these bastards coming from and why are they allowed to live?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Wow... shit's ****ed up. I wonder why he did it.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I heard it on the radio this morning. One died? That's awful. I heard there were just injuries, but alas..
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
"The suspect was taken into custody near his car"

Then he'll be tried as an adult. Game Over!
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Quote by Don_Humpador
Isn't even one of the bits of news on anything like BBC.

Kid was probably black.

Oh and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4

Quote by sam b
You know it's on the BBC, dont you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17182562

I'm disappointed Kensai.

Poor.

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I blame the santa hat.

I actually saw it on a swedish site first, then I went to BBC to confirm it (they do have an article up) but settled for an american news site which might have more updates and a broader article.

Niggas, please
I saw a story about this a little earlier, but they didn't report that anyone had died. I guess the one in critical condition took a turn for the worse
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by ninnipinni93
inb4 the media blaming video games.

You remember what happened with Virginia Tech, right?
Colombine they blamed Manson, another one they blamed Slayer, and there was Judas Priest and the list goes on and on.
The guy at V Tech listened to Celine Dion. The media said NOTHING about it.
Such bullshit.
I blame all the call of duty game the kids these days are playing. Oh and metal music. Stuff of the devil, that.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
They always blame video games around here, they blamed the norway massacre on video games.
Quote by Kensai
What's up with the school shootings?
Well, when an angry li'l punk gets a gun...

No, seriously, our society is rather sick. From the '90s on, school shootings in the US have risen exponentially . And, of course, the response is typically, "Well, guess we need to install security cameras and metal detectors".

Quote by Don_Humpador
Kid was probably black.
If you're trying to be funny, that wasn't funny. If you're serious, YAY FOR OVER-GENERALIZATIONS AND RACISM!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Feb 27, 2012,
was waiting for a thread on this. wonder who's fault it is this time?

the other one was Representative Giffords, which they blamed on Anti-Flag.
That school is like an hour drive away from me. Kinda scary. Weird thing, the shooting happened an hour before classes even started. A lot of the students weren't even there. Makes me wonder about the motive.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
That school is like an hour drive away from me. Kinda scary. Weird thing, the shooting happened an hour before classes even started. A lot of the students weren't even there. Makes me wonder about the motive.

Really pissed off about a broken watch?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
If you're trying to be funny, that wasn't funny. If you're serious, YAY FOR OVER-GENERALIZATIONS AND RACISM!
It was semi-serious. I was trying to think of a reason why the media hadn't reported this a bit more and I came to the conclusion that the murdered kid might be black. Probably just a misconception, but.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen

The article says he was a bullied outcast. That's pretty much the common theme amongst most school shooters. I mean really, how often do you hear of the popular good looking jock with lots of friends going on a school shooting. It's usually the kid who thinks he's a loser and will never amount to anything in life so he goes out and takes his frustration out on other people.
Quote by zgr0826
Wow... shit's ****ed up. I wonder why he did it.

Probably because some other asshole pushed him over the edge.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Read this like 5 minutes after I woke up today but I stopped and forgot about it until now cause I didn't wanna be sad.

Thanks, Swede.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by ninnipinni93
inb4 the media blaming video games.

It's 2012, not 1999.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by WaterGod
The article says he was a bullied outcast. That's pretty much the common theme amongst most school shooters. I mean really, how often do you hear of the popular good looking jock with lots of friends going on a school shooting. It's usually the kid who thinks he's a loser and will never amount to anything in life so he goes out and takes his frustration out on other people.

I agree with this. I believe that being bullied is the true motivator behind the incident. But I think everyone here knows that the country is gonna try to blame it on either the music he listened to or the video games he played. I personally feel that using media as a instigator for tragedies is a cop out. I mean no disrespect to those who were injured or killed, but how do we know that the victim, the "bright young boy who had a bright future ahead of him" wasn't the one bullying him? How do we know that the other injured kids weren't bullying the shooter along with the deceased? When I hear about these kinds of events, these are the questions that come to mind. I think there was a reason these were the kids that were targeted.

Above all, it really is sad and tragic what happened. My two cents.....
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
1/5 is pretty bad. Should have spent more time at the range.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by WaterGod

I was watching the news right after it happened and this girl that goes to the school was saying that everyone hated the guy doing it because he was arrogant. So
Quote by bradulator
Read this like 5 minutes after I woke up today but I stopped and forgot about it until now cause I didn't wanna be sad.

Thanks, Swede.

It's what I do.

Quote by StewieSwan

Come on, bro. Too soon.
Quote by StewieSwan

I sadly thought the exact same thing.
ayy lmao
Quote by Don_Humpador
It was semi-serious. I was trying to think of a reason why the media hadn't reported this a bit more and I came to the conclusion that the murdered kid might be black. Probably just a misconception, but.

I read it as you saying the shooter was probably black.
Quote by Kensai
What's up with the school shootings?

They've kind of died down actually. Not a sly pun or anything, but there's been a severe lack of school of shootings (not a bad thing obviously) and I'm pretty happy to see it.

Quote by StewieSwan

I fail to see how the culinary arts tie into school shootings.
Quote by severed-metal

I think the connection is crystal clear.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by severed-metal
They've kind of died down actually. Not a sly pun or anything, but there's been a severe lack of school of shootings (not a bad thing obviously) and I'm pretty happy to see it.

Soup kitchens have gotta get some protein into the shit they serve somehow.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Page 1 of 2