Just got Cubase 5 and been searching all day for a guide/pdf or something to help me get off and to know how to use the basics; can anyone give me a link or something for a good guide on how to use it.
It comes with a manual. What page are you stuck on?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Don't use Cubase! A piece of shit...

Beg, borrow, steal a copy of Pro-Tools. Seriously. I have suffered with the miserable Cubase for over ten years now!!

Should kick my own ass for buying it. Thoroughly stupid program. I'm sorry you bought it!!!

Meh... I've been using Cubase since VST3.6 - about ten years ago. I love it and can't imagine using anything else.

I have used pro tools, and it's perfectly good, but not once did I find myself thinking, "gee, I wish I could do that in Cubase."

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote by Floss Ninja
Don't use Cubase! A piece of shit...

Beg, borrow, steal a copy of Pro-Tools. Seriously. I have suffered with the miserable Cubase for over ten years now!!

Should kick my own ass for buying it. Thoroughly stupid program. I'm sorry you bought it!!!

Wow, that's a completely unbiased and valuable review of something...

And for the record, I have no bias here as I'm a Logic Pro user - just found it funny you could say something when the DAW's are all so similar these days.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Wow, that's a completely unbiased and valuable review of something...

And for the record, I have no bias here as I'm a Logic Pro user - just found it funny you could say something when the DAW's are all so similar these days.

This lol Cubse, Pro Tools, not that different
I picked up Cubase with an Alpha interface late last summer. I installed it and then spent several hours reading the damm'd "manual" that came with it. Finally got the thing to record a test. Been sitting unused since.

Cumbersome to say the least....manual seems like a translation from Klingon-to-Chinese-to-Spanish... THEN to English. Worse than a flat-pak assembly on Christmas eve!

Frustration abounds! Yes; it would be nice to have a succinct tutorial.
That's funny. I find the manual to be very well written and very clear.

CT

Quote by axemanchris
That's funny. I find the manual to be very well written and very clear.

CT

I'd imagine your patience and maturity (or their lack of it) are probably the difference between your reading comprehension and theirs though
Hey, look. Sigs are back.