So when i make a bassline, i focus to play the notes that the chords or arpeggios/melody consist of. My problem is that it never sounds good. The only way it fits the song is when i just play 1 or 2 notes under each chord. So how do i make a good bassline?

Ill post a guitar pro file of an example riff i just made up for the sake of this. The bassline follows the arpeggios/chords the guitar is playing (how i usally would do it). The bass sounds good by itself, but it just sound disturbing with the guitar.
Attachments:
FOT style 7th chord riff .gpx
IMO topics like these fit this board because a bassline has everything to do with music theory but unfortunately I, myself, can't help you much.
I'd be happy to write one for you, but I have gp5... Am I able to open this file?
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I'd also be happy to try and write something, but I can't open this with GP5... can you save it in a gp5 format, or midi, or something?
Quote by Xiaoxi
The Byzantine scale was useful until the Ottoman scale came around and totally annihilated it.
Quote by mrkeka
I'd also be happy to try and write something, but I can't open this with GP5... can you save it in a gp5 format, or midi, or something?

I can try when i get home, but the gp file wast really inportant at all. It was just a little example of how i would make a bassline, but my problem is very well explained in the first post, so the file isnt realy neccecary.
Just listened to the gp5 file, I think the bass sounds pretty good actually.
It's normal to focus on chord tones with the bass, I guess you could do something such as add in other scale tones to link them together. It's really too much of a general question to give a concise answer to, because writing a good bass line depends on many factors and is different for each song. Your best bet would be to listen to music you like and analyse the bass lines.
well, I did not get to hear it, so here go some basic tips
Chord tones and arpeggios are a good way to start
Use approach notes, both diatonic and chromatic
Work the rhythm together with the drums
Clever use of inversions always leads to interesting, melodic basslines
Quote by Xiaoxi
The Byzantine scale was useful until the Ottoman scale came around and totally annihilated it.