Hey all,

I've been writing music for a decent amount of time now, and I'm proud of what I've done with respect to the fact that I do it alone. The problem now is that I find myself being very repetitive as far as the actual music part of songwriting goes. I always have a chord progression, and that same progression generally carries on through the whole song because my brain doesn't let me try something new, I just keep going back to playing basically the same progression through the whole song. I love writing, and this is a rut I'm stuck in. Help please!

Thanks, friends.
I dont really know because Im no good at writing music, but you could try taking 2 of the songs youve written, and try putting them together, so one of the riffs/ progressions would be the verse, and the other the chorus, then try come up with a way to stitch them together.
Try listening to some new stuff. Listen to some David Bowie maybe, where the song flows through different progressions. Get a feel for how one riff can lead to another, and another, etc.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
I'm pretty sure this belongs in techniques. But I agree with the guy above who said the stuff about soloing.