I was wondering if any of you have ever worked at staples. I was looking into jobs, and they had a job as a cashier avalible, but after reading what some people said about working at staples, I started second guessing. They said the hour are scheduled randomly, and the pay sucks. Just wondering if any of you worked there and wanted to share what it was like
Hours and pay are shite everywhere. I'd say take what you can get, but it depends on what the local job situation is like I guess. People always complain about their job. I always complain about my job, but only because it's shite. The pay is shite, and the hours are shite.

Get a job at a coffee shop if you can.
Quote by zdh
Sounds like any other part-time entry level job.
This.

What exactly were you expecting TS?
Take what you can get... you'll get people skills, time-management skills etc... all stuff you can mention on your CV. It's all about experience in the job market atm.
Check out my fitness blog here
Continue to be unemployed and wait for that really awesome entry level job.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by zdh
Sounds like any other part-time entry level job.

Pretty much what this guy said. I've never worked at Staples but I've worked retail. Everything about it sucks. Just try and get a job working out on the floor doing stock or some random job like that and it'll be a lot more bearable.

But its retail, and retail sucks. Its a job though.
Yeah I guess I wasn't sure what else was out there as this would be my first job. I was just hoping I'd be able to continue with basketball as well as working. Beggars can't be choosers though, your right.
Quote by benn913
Yeah I guess I wasn't sure what else was out there as this would be my first job. I was just hoping I'd be able to continue with basketball as well as working. Beggars can't be choosers though, your right.

If you keep looking you should be able to find somewhere with more steady hours, but it all depends on your area.
Quote by benn913

NYC? Isn't NYC littered with coffeehouses and bagel shops?

That sounds pretty solid, imo.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
NYC? Isn't NYC littered with coffeehouses and bagel shops?

That sounds pretty solid, imo.

Yeah, someone told me that coffee shops there the place to be
Yeah most of them hire family though. I've checked a lot of delis and bagel stores, and most of the people have kids who work there when they can't. Also, since this is my first time, if I apply and get more than one of these jobs, is it on to just tell the others I don't want to work there anymore. I'd feel like I wasted their time