If it's okay, I'd like to inform the forum readership of the launch of www.fretboardtopologies.com, official download site for my book, Fretboard Topologies, a catalog of 1,117 scales and modes for guitar players. This book accounts for every possible 5-, 6-, and 7-note scale containing intervals no larger than a major third. It also includes a selection of 8-note scales. Distribution of this book is on the shareware model, i.e., you pay as much or as little as you want, if you want, or you just keep it for free, no strings attached. Please visit the website, download a copy, and let me know what you think, either here or through the Contact function at the site. Thanks! N. Puryear
OMFGUGUHOHNG!!!!!!! Soooo many scalessss.

Thank you so much
Key gear:
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gary Moore (Lemon Burst)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)
BC Rick Mockingbird ST (Red Quilt)
Laney IronHeart 60 watt head w/4x12 cab
Boss V-Wah
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

but man, that shareware crap is honestly really stupid. I just got a free book.

jokes, but seriously, good luck.
Looks great at first glance. I've been putting something similar together for my own personal use so I can appreciate the intense amount of work it takes to compile something like this; good work!

I wonder though, how many people people are reading through it trying to find a mistake they can call you on.
404: Sig not found.
Am I the only one who thinks that this is slightly useless? I appreciate the amount of work that has probably gone into compiling everything, but I don't see how anyone would benefit from it.
Quote by Jesse Clarkson
Am I the only one who thinks that this is slightly useless? I appreciate the amount of work that has probably gone into compiling everything, but I don't see how anyone would benefit from it.

Depending on your level of playing or even the level you strive for, something like this would be very useful. It is like having a dictionary while playing scrabble...
You know why it's free? Because it's worthless.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
You know why it's free? Because it's worthless.

This.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I'm not gonna hate on the guy cause he's trying to help, but I too find it a case of dubious value - it's like being all dressed up and no place to go - the epitome of abstract learning. You "know" nothing and can use even less of it.

If it works for you, it works, more power to ya. Not the worst I've ever seen. Looks like sincere thought and time was put into this. Like other free things, ultimately these will probably benefit someone very little without the attending knowledge of how to use it intelligently. Intelligent theory wins over abstract randomness again!

Best,

Sean
Quote by ancientson
It is like having a dictionary while playing scrabble...

Exactly, and what does that dictionary do? It gives you a quick guide as to what you can play at the time while offering no practical insight as to the word's definition, usage, and how it can be implemented into written work.

That's the same as this, which is why it's pointless. Having a reference for a billion scales doesn't matter when you don't understand anything about the scale and are completely unfamiliar with using the scale in a musical context.
thank you so much for compiling this into one source. particularly as a beginner just knowing that everything i may ever need is there is a relief from scouring the internet.
Quote by H3liorus
thank you so much for compiling this into one source. particularly as a beginner just knowing that everything i may ever need is there is a relief from scouring the internet.

Why would you bump this thread?
Also, the PDF is worthless and you aren't going to get good by playing a bunch of scales up and down.