Most of the time B stocks are guitars that have imperfections in the finish.

I'd recommend just buying used instead. You'll save a lot more money, and you'll get a guitar that's likely "better". On top of that, you'll be able to sell it if you want to. I don't, and I think very few people would actually want to buy a B stock, since they usually scratch out the serial number or mark up the back of the headstock in some way.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Mostly cosmetic issues, knots in the wood, lam lines, uneven finishes, dents, off center inlays..... Usually nothing that affects the guitars playability (most of the time), it just doesn't look as pretty.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I have an Ibanez factory second(same thing). It has a lacquer check on the neck pocket(finish crack) and that's it. They stamped a 2 on the back of the headstock. The serial was left untouched.
Quote by jeremessmore
I can deal with it not being pretty, it just needs to play well haha

its beyond that though. it should play the same. yes it is a good price. used would be a better price. you will not be able to sell a b-stock for shit, so many people wouldn't bother with buying yours from you at a later date.

buy used. not b stock. b stock won't sell. buy used. cheaper yet and the guitars are in your hands to see if the defects are okay with you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
its beyond that though. it should play the same. yes it is a good price. used would be a better price. you will not be able to sell a b-stock for shit, so many people wouldn't bother with buying yours from you at a later date.

buy used. not b stock. b stock won't sell. buy used. cheaper yet and the guitars are in your hands to see if the defects are okay with you.

I looked into two of the same guitars and B stock was cheaper and I would never sell a guitar unless I absolutely hated it which has happened once, so resale is not an issue.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

This is true. My factory second was a limited run, so I wasn't able to find any, not even used. I could probably still sell it for a decent amount though because it's more rare and they are hard to come by.

I can't complain though, I got a brand new, limited run prestige with the team J-craft case for what they cost used because of a lacquer check that happens to many guitars anyway.
There really is no hard & fast rule.

Whether or not you can resell a B-stock for value depends upon the reason why a guitar gained that designation. I have a guitar that was number 2 in a run from a luthier, and it was B-stocked due to a tiny ding in the wood that absolutely does not affect the playability of the guitar. In fact, it's smaller than a ding you might see in a used guitar.

One I'm considering from Indie has a scratch on the back of the body, probably from a belt buckle- again, no different from what you'd find from use.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
A true B Stock is Blemished stock meaning that its strictly cosmetic. Though more people are starting to use B Stock as an excuse for anything that could be wrong. If its a real Bstock for a good price then its worth getting.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Though more people are starting to use B Stock as an excuse for anything that could be wrong.

Now that's a scary thought