The Bands of New York

The Only NY-Band Gig Exchange Thread
Hi there,

I'm from a New York band called Mar Sara, check our stuff out here: facebook.com/marsaramusic

I'm creating this thread for the sole purpose of having New York HARD ROCK + METAL + PUNK bands come into contact with each other to do shows together!

THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS FOR ALL BANDS THAT ARE GUITAR HEAVY AND AREN'T AFRAID TO ROCK THE F*CK OUT.

Let's do shows, get fans, and rock the sh*t out of New York again. The time is now, ladies and gents. The people demand good music.

Let's give it to them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:

1. If you agree to share a gig with another band in NY, make sure they are of a similar genre/music type as you.

2. If you agree to share a gig with another band in NY, please make sure that your fans stick around for the other band's slot/set time, and vice-versa.

3. If the show is a pay-to-play venue, each band is responsible for their own ticket sales.

4. You will ONLY contact bands via their band e-mail accounts. Don't be that douche who posts on another band's FB Wall about a how you wanna do a show together.

5. DO NOT agree or waste the time of another band with a gig offer/acceptance if you can't make the gig, or can't bring out enough fans to support the other band

6. Depending on what venue you guys agree to play, make sure that each band brings their own gear in supplement to the venue's backline. Don't be that douche who asks to borrow a snare, throne, cab, etc.

7. If you think you might have to borrow some gear from the other band, please talk/negotiate with the other band about this WEEKS before the gig. Not 2 days before the show. Otherwise, JUST BE PREPARED!

8. Work closely with all the bands involved on the bill to promote the show and make everything go by swimmingly. The key to a great show is preparation, and the more hands you have helping, the smoother the show will go by.

9. Don't be a douche. I mean like, EVER. It'll make your life easier. We're all here to make friends, help each other out, and play some great tunes, bra! So no insults or harsh words to any other bands please.

* 10. Because I'd rather not have this thread be over-cluttered with bands of different genres, I've limited it only to bands that are Hard Rock, Metal, Punk, and their subgenres. Maybe someone else can make one for pop rock, indie, blues, soul, etc. bands on UG! *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are still interested in exchanging gigs with other bands, leave the following information for bands to check and contact you, like so:

(ex)

BAND NAME ---- Mar Sara
GENRE(s) -------- Hard Rock / Heavy Metal / Prog
GIG --------------- HAVE, need bands to fill out the bill *
AREAS IN NY --- Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Long Island **
E-MAIL ----------- marsaramusic (at) gmail (dot) com <--- write it this way to avoid spam bots
FACEBOOK -------facebook.com/marsaramusic

* - Mention if you 'HAVE' or can get a gig but need a band to fill out the bill, or are 'LOOKING' for a gig
** - List the areas in NY that you can play in order of fan attendance and travel ease

Alright, UG, let's do this thing...

First post:

BAND NAME ---- Mar Sara
GENRE(s) -------- Hard Rock / Heavy Metal / with Prog + Alternative influences
GIG ----------------- HAVE, need bands to fill out the bill
AREAS IN NY ---- Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Long Island
E-MAIL ------------- marsaramusic (at) gmail (dot) com
Last edited by Rorshamandias at Feb 27, 2012,