Page 1 of 2
It seems like half the world says that your 20's are your best years and the other half says 30+ are your best years. What would you say? I'm in my 20's and I'm so sick of people telling me I don't know shit because I haven't managed to not get hit by a bus for as long of a time period as them. Time goes by SO slowly to me. If life supposedly does get better after 30, I still have a hell of a long time to wait. Whatever happened to "time flies"?
You don't want time to fly by too fast. Expecting greatness to come to you is what makes you miss life.
You have to search for the great things in life yourself, especially at this age. That's what they mean. At this age you have the ability to find the most out of life.
Quote by HowSoonisNow
Whatever happened to "time flies"?

They had to cut it down because 12 minutes was too long for a single.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
They all can be great if you want.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
You live your own life. Others can't tell you whether the 20's or the 30's will be better.

I am looking forward to my 107th birthday though, that would be in 2101
I used to think being 21 is getting "old"

Now that I'm there I still feel incredibly young, because I am.

Who knows man
NOPE
I just turned 21 last week and I think shit is going too fast. I miss being a kid sometimes.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Ever heard the saying "youth is wasted on the young"? That probably answers your question. 'Life' is probably better when you're a kid but 'you' are better when you get older. It's the benefit of hindsight really. When you're young you have a spry mind and good shape and energy but all that is wasted on all the damn stupid things we all do as youth. Ultimately though life is great no matter how old you are. I think the key is to try to not take it for granted (easier said than done).
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
You don't want time to fly by too fast. Expecting greatness to come to you is what makes you miss life.
You have to search for the great things in life yourself, especially at this age. That's what they mean. At this age you have the ability to find the most out of life.

I don't miss the past at all. I give anyone permission to push me in front of a taxi if I ever say I miss being a teenager in the future. If life gets better as you get older, why do I see so many grumpy old people bitching about how they wish they could be young again?
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

/ofmuhfckin'thread. That was so well put, I don't even feel a need to post anymore.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by HowSoonisNow
I don't miss the past at all. I give anyone permission to push me in front of a taxi if I ever say I miss being a teenager in the future. If life gets better as you get older, why do I see so many grumpy old people bitching about how they wish they could be young again?

Didn't say the past is better. I meant the now can be great at this age if you make it.
Keep in mind, I meant 20's, not ones teenage years (those are shitty anyways).

Quote by strat0blaster
/ofmuhfckin'thread. That was so well put, I don't even feel a need to post anymore.

Thanks buddy
I'm digging the cat/man avatar
I think life is what you make of it. If you allow life to be boring, it is. If you cause it to be exciting, it is. Yeah, life isn't excitement 100% of the time, but you can take actions that make it exciting.
It's all about perspective, and how the unique circumstances in each person's life affect their outlook on the world, time and everything else. Some people miss the past, some are glad to see the back of it - as long as you live for the present and make the most of what you have, what happens in the future is a possibility and not a fact, so don't get hung up worrying about the future because until you know what is coming you can't consciously change a thing.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by Skullivan
I think we need Jackal in here.

Meh. He's overrated.

Quote by HowSoonisNow
It seems like half the world says that your 20's are your best years and the other half says 30+ are your best years. What would you say? I'm in my 20's and I'm so sick of people telling me I don't know shit because I haven't managed to not get hit by a bus for as long of a time period as them. Time goes by SO slowly to me. If life supposedly does get better after 30, I still have a hell of a long time to wait. Whatever happened to "time flies"?

You don't know jack.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by theogonia777
They had to cut it down because 12 minutes was too long for a single.

Yes and when I actually got The Incident I was fully blown away at the awesomeness of an extra 7 minutes of song.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
Everybody in here seems to think that the teens suck...

My teen years are amazing...

Does that mean my life is going to be > Epic?
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Why should I even care about the present if the future is going to pretty much erase it? I am under the impression that I might as well be a bum in my 20's because I might be the president of the USA in my 30's. Basically, I'm under the impression that the next 10 years of my life or so will be completely pointless in comparison of the years after.
Quote by HowSoonisNow
Why should I even care about the present if the future is going to pretty much erase it? I am under the impression that I might as well be a bum in my 20's because I might be the president of the USA in my 30's. Basically, I'm under the impression that the next 10 years of my life or so will be completely pointless in comparison of the years after.

If, at any point in your life, you're able to justify scraping the bottom of your potential bucket by saying "it'll get better later all on it's own," you're already done. Game's over. Hang up the gloves.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
^What the hell?
You don't just become the president. You work up to it. You don't just appear where you want to be. Be a bum now and you won't be where you want to be when you want.
There's a reason why it's called being a bum and not something cute or nice. Bums are good for shit all.
I dunno, I'm only 19, and being 15-16 was pretty shit at the time but with hindsight having zero responsibility, relying on your parents for everything and arsing around all the time not having to worry about anything actually wasn't so shit at all

If it was up to me I would be like 8 years old again, because I could just sit and play Pokemon and be the happiest motherfucker in the world

Actually no, that would be shit
I thought my high school years were pretty bomb ass. i didn't do shit, still got good grades, played on almost every sports team, kept in shape, just chilled and enjoyed life! Now I'm 21 and in University and I still love life it's just not as easy and it seems like you never have free time.

The saying "You never grow up, you just act grown up" I think is something to live by. You should always have that kid you used to be deep down inside and don't be afraid to do things that people might look at you weirdly if you do, because who the hell are they? Live your life the way you want to and be happy and make all those other "grown up" mother****ers jealous!!
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by HowSoonisNow

To answer your large misinterpretation of what I wrote (assuming you're referring to my post), the reason you should care about the present is because if you don't give a damn about the present, your future is less likely to be as fulfilling as it could be. In other words, you should live for the moment without having a detrimental effect on the future - that means don't spend your time worrying about what 'could' happen, and actually spend your time making good things happen. Or to take a simpler line: instead of worrying about being a dick in the future, don't be a dick now and it's less likely you'll be a dick in the future (replace dick with choice negative word you prefer).
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by strat0blaster
If, at any point in your life, you're able to justify scraping the bottom of your potential bucket by saying "it'll get better later all on it's own," you're already done. Game's over. Hang up the gloves.

I'm saying that I'm getting a ton of mixed messages from everybody and it's impossible for me to distinguish what's legitimate and what's not. There are too many contradictory life views. Keep in mind I am a product of the "Peter Pan Generation" where pretty much anyone who doesn't have white hair, back problems and wrinkles is considered to be a "kid". Just the thought of living to 80 or 90 and still hear people say "life goes by too quickly" just doesn't add up.
Quote by HGS
I thought your teen years are supposed to be the best years of your life. I turned 20 about 3 months ago. Don't think I'll ever get over how shitty and uneventful the first 2 decades of my life were. My 20's most likely won't be much better. I doubt I'll make it to 30.

So I'm guessing you also feel that time goes by very slowly?
I've basically felt the same for the past 3 years or so. Every year I age, my mentality of being a kid, as opposed to an adult, stays the same.
I turned 18 last month. My teen years have been filled with constant stress and me waiting for when I'm finally allowed to live my own life. I'm finally old enough to get a job, so I'm applying and looking. Once I get a job I can move out and w/e. I think my 20s will be the best.
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
I turned 18 last month. My teen years have been filled with constant stress and me waiting for when I'm finally allowed to live my own life. I'm finally old enough to get a job, so I'm applying and looking. Once I get a job I can move out and w/e. I think my 20s will be the best.

Why did you have to wait till 18? I got my first job at McDonald's at 16. Who says you'll be able to get a job and move out so soon? You might have to wait another 10 years or so. Practically no one is hiring, even if you have a masters. Getting a legitimate job these days is like hitting the lottery.
my teen years were shit, everyone said highschool was supposed ot be the time of my life.....
i dont think so.
my 20s are okay
Quote by HowSoonisNow
Why did you have to wait till 18? I got my first job at McDonald's at 16. Who says you'll be able to get a job and move out so soon? You might have to wait another 10 years or so. Practically no one is hiring, even if you have a masters. Getting a legitimate job these days is like hitting the lottery.

When I was 17 I went around asking for applications and all that but they all said that I had to be 18 to even be considered. That goes for even McDonalds and the Dollar Store. The economy is ****ing ridiculous.
I predict it will all suck just as much as it does now.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
When I was 17 I went around asking for applications and all that but they all said that I had to be 18 to even be considered. That goes for even McDonalds and the Dollar Store. The economy is ****ing ridiculous.

That's weird. There were even 15 year olds working with me there. They could do everything but make the sandwiches. Where I live, McDonald's will pretty much hire anyone who doesn't have serious felonies.

Quote by girlgerms007
I predict it will all suck just as much as it does now.

That's what I say. Older people are great at trying to make younger people believe in shit that isn't true.
Some of ya'll are totally missing it. The past was shitty because you allowed it to be shitty. The future can be great, if you make it great. Don't sit around going, "I'll just wait for it to get better". It won't get better; chances are, it'll get worse...unless you make it better. You actually have to make something out of life. You have to do things. You have to work at it.

For instance, I won't have fun with my girlfriend if I always do the same damn thing. So, I mix it up. I be spontaneous. I surprise her sometimes. I plan things. She plans things. We have to make it fun. But that's all part of making it fun.

Take joy in making life better, for yourself and others. Get off your ass and work at it. Make things exciting!
Quote by HowSoonisNow
That's weird. There were even 15 year olds working with me there. They could do everything but make the sandwiches. Where I live, McDonald's will pretty much hire anyone who doesn't have serious felonies.

That's what I say. Older people are great at trying to make younger people believe in shit that isn't true.

You are brilliant.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I had great teen years. My 20's are going pretty well so far. Only four more till am 30. I'd say the school days were the best. Much more social interaction and way less responsibility.
Quote by Jackal58
You are brilliant.

I'm not falling for that

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
The past was shitty because you allowed it to be shitty.

I know a lot of people who would be very angry if you told them this
Last edited by HowSoonisNow at Feb 27, 2012,
Page 1 of 2