Hello all,

I'm looking around for some pots to replace the crap ones that come in my Schecter C-1 Classic. Now, I don't really know what's good and what's not. What are some particular pots that you guys like or prefer?

Right now, I'm looking at the EVH Custom Low Friction 500K pots, and they seem like high quality products, but I would just like an opinion before I buy.

Another thing, would there be anything else I would have to replace within the guitar to accommodate the new pots?

Thanks for reading!
Shit. $10 for a pot? That looks like a rebranded Bourns? You can get a Bourns branded one for half that... If you're gonna spend more than that, get some PECs.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Shit. $10 for a pot? That looks like a rebranded Bourns? You can get a Bourns branded one for half that... If you're gonna spend more than that, get some PECs.

That's what I was thinking, man. I was essentially asking if I was paying for EVH stamped on the bottom. Now what are these PECs?
They're made in Canada mil spec sealed pots. Really high quality but really expensive. $15 a piece I think. Had a couple in my Suhr that I just sold and they've got a really nice taper/turning action.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
They're made in Canada mil spec sealed pots. Really high quality but really expensive. $15 a piece I think. Had a couple in my Suhr that I just sold and they've got a really nice taper/turning action.

I'll make sure to do some research on those. Thanks for the suggestion!
Oo, was considering replacing the pots in my 2 main electrics so was nice to see this thread, one of which is quiescently a C1-classic variant.

:P
i have had luck with bourns as well as CTS. bourns is my choice pick though. although i haven't really had trouble with any.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by rokket2005
how much of a difference would bourns make vs. alpha or similar pots?

No sound difference but the Bourns have a nicer taper/feel when you turn them. They don't stick like CTS and Alphas.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT