so i have an Ibanez x-series falchion and last week it started making weird sounds out of my amp, I'll link a video of it. i know its the guitar because i tried plugging a different guitar into the amp and it didn't do this, and when i plugged the falchion into my other amp, and it did it again. i also tried different cables and whatnot. if you guys can help me figure out whats causing it that would be great, i dont want to open the back until i have some direction.
and i got it this last December at a guitar center when i was in California, i don't have a guitar center here on this island in Alaska to take it to so that's out of the question.
anyways here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsFd8vYiv5s&feature=youtu.be
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
It seems to be your pedal

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
It seems to be your pedal

no, that's not on my other amp that i tried the guitar in. i was switching between clean and distorted to show that the sound stays. sorry for the bad video
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Ugh that is horrible, I've never heard anything remotely similar. Off the top of my head I would say pickups?

Its a constant 'drone', so it wont be your jack or possibly not your pots as they both usually have a 'crackle' and volume dips associated with most problems. Open it up and check the wiring on the pickups, see if anything has come off or looks burnt.
Quote by hyper5
Ugh that is horrible, I've never heard anything remotely similar. Off the top of my head I would say pickups?

Its a constant 'drone', so it wont be your jack or possibly not your pots as they both usually have a 'crackle' and volume dips associated with most problems. Open it up and check the wiring on the pickups, see if anything has come off or looks burnt.

Thanks a bunch, I'll check it out right now and see if i can see anything.

EDIT: I did a little research on the stock pickups and they are "active pickups" and need batteries. so i changed the batteries and now it sounds great
thanks for pointing me in the right direction man, i appreciate it.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Last edited by ssjmitch at Feb 28, 2012,