Recording: Miced up vypyr 15 VS USB Interface to Peavey Revalver.

Which one will have better quality? And which one is better overall?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
I personally like the tone you get when you record with the headphones jack. It sucks though be cause you can't here it while you are recording.
Dude it sucks when I record my vypyr 15 with the headphone jack! No idea why!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
not sure why you would record with that equipment but ok.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
^Which one would you prefer and why?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Quote by romeozdistress
not sure why you would record with that equipment but ok.

Maybe that is all he has right now

ReValver is actually very good BTW

Some people record as a means to improve tone and playing

Recording is a skill

TS - With those choices I'd go the ReValver route.

I record using a Vypyr 60, Shure SM57, Line 6 UX1 and prefer that route personally.
id prefer the tube 60. i had one for a couple weeks. the 15 on the other hand is just horrible. specially playing it after having the tube 60. if you can afford the tube 60 go for it. its so much betetr than the 15, like a totally different amp. but I had a bad experience buying one used. maybe you will have a better experience. its worth a try because guitar center has a nice no questions asked return policy. you can find a used tube 60 for like $300. its still digital and on some recordings you can hear it. i wont lie. check out 311s sound clips.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Im gonna go with the revalver route... I don't think micing the vypyr is gonna sound cool. Also, the revalver sounds bad ass on youtube. Check it -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vtgKnAz5lc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEa5jksTYbU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6dw1t44Jks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHad_3j5rRM
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
sounds like crap to me.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
sounds like crap to me.

are you kidding?

which one specifically?

I think your ears are broke dude.

Please go listen to all 4 of those from start to finish and then come back here and tell me with a strait face that they sounded like crap.

Also, I admit, some of my metal clips may sound a bit digital in places but I think that is more a function of the built in noise gate and/or my EQing/technique. I'd like you to tell me which of my clips you consider digital sounding. Then tell me which of shredkev's clips on youtube sound digital to you.

I bet these sound digital too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8RqHYSATFk&feature=related
^^DUDE are you crazy!!! They sound kick ass!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Quote by romeozdistress
id prefer the tube 60. i had one for a couple weeks. the 15 on the other hand is just horrible. specially playing it after having the tube 60. if you can afford the tube 60 go for it. its so much betetr than the 15, like a totally different amp. but I had a bad experience buying one used. maybe you will have a better experience. its worth a try because guitar center has a nice no questions asked return policy. you can find a used tube 60 for like $300. its still digital and on some recordings you can hear it. i wont lie. check out 311s sound clips.

That's not the question. At all.

don't be such a dick.
I only listened to the first one. and it didnt sound that great to me. but after listening to all 4 now my silly mistake. they sound really nice. and you are right about shredkevs clips. it was because of those I chose the vypyr tube 60 in the first place. i apologize for being a dick. I guess my bitter vypyr experience gets in the way of being logical sometimes. again i apologize.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A