So my band and I are pretty bad at coming up with names for our glam/heavy metal band. Was hoping you guys could help us? Thanks
You need something that will be catchy, or dirty, or just anthemic. Look at names of glam songs you like or even check out their lyrics; you might find something (that's how Firehouse found their name - in a Kiss song! another example for it, Autograph took it from Photograph by Def Leppard, and Crashdiet from an unreleased GN'R song)
You can also name the band after someone in it (Bon Jovi, Van Halen).
Rattlesnake works for me!
Stinky Finger, lol. Or if you can find some way to integrate some kind of big cat name in there, ala steel panther. Remember, Pantera were a total glam band before the inevitable heavy ass groove style they pioneered in the 90's. Try something like Cougar, or El Tigre. Or Sabre Tooth! Really anything on the corny side would probably work. Just some others off the top of my head, Burn, Gasoline, The Fire, and I like where tomba93 was goin with Rattlesnake. Maybe Diamondback??? Is King Cobra taken???
The last name of the band leader and/or singer is a common choice. Van Halen, Dokken, Bon Jovi, Dio, Guns 'n' Roses, Giuffria, Vandenberg, Keel, Slaughter, Winger, Montrose, Nelson, etc.

Edit: Whoops. I didn't see someone beat me to my answer. Oh well, here are some more examples.
Last edited by strumandbang at Feb 29, 2012,
A colour and an animal will do the trick.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
How about:

Subside
The Hellions
Graphic Static
Free Fight
Attack Light
Gretchs N' Guns
Black Angel
Ebony Teel
Killaback

It sounds kinda chick but howsabout : Meridella (it means White Angel- got it from the movie "The Doors")
Just a few, I like picking out names. Its kinda fun as long as its not your own band your namin' lol.
Quote by Martha39
You need something that will be catchy, or dirty, or just anthemic.

Quoted directly from the first post, except not actually quoted.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.