I have an American Standard Telecaster. It’s a 2009 model and has a modern style bridge. I’d like to fit an original type bridge to it, in place of the modern plate one.

Apart from drilling some holes, is there anything else I’d need to consider before fitting one?

Thanks,

P182
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Chavette by Charvel guitar (HSS)
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
Not 100% sure, but I believe you're good. A buddy of mine put an old school three saddle bridge on a '92 American Standard and I don't think he did anything too complex to fit it on, besides drilling a few holes, as you mentioned.
The American Standard bridge does mount differently. You can see the difference between the two about halfway down this page.

So you'll need to plug the existing holes and re-drill for the new ones. Luckily since it's a Tele it's easy to line up as the pickup route will show you whether you have the bridge in the right place or not.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Cheers guys.

Plan to install the original style bridge soon. Hopefully when I do I'll get some before/after pics

J
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Chavette by Charvel guitar (HSS)
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard