I usually go to local shows, sometimes you gotta wade through crap to get to the good stuff. Shows are always fun, though.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Hmm...I remember reverbnation.com from when I was in a band, give that a try.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Music Blogs...

Be warned though, most underground bands are unknown for a reason.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Music Blogs...

Be warned though, most underground bands are unknown for a reason.

I thought the greatest bands were always underground.
Everyone famous was underground sometime.
Quote by ingames
I thought the greatest bands were always underground.
Everyone famous was underground sometime.

Yes but the point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Yes but the point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.

...are you trolling?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
...are you trolling?

No? Maybe I'm missing understanding the meaning of "underground"?

I'm assuming that it means unknown, and I'm simply stating that a band isn't good just because no one knows about them.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire

lol
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by ChemicalFire
No? Maybe I'm missing understanding the meaning of "underground"?

I'm assuming that it means unknown, and I'm simply stating that a band isn't good just because no one knows about them.

You said "most underground bands aren't popular" and then it seemed like you insinuated that only popular bands are good, because, as we all know, if you write good music, you become famous.

Of course there's tons of garbage out there and I agree, your wording was just confusing.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Due, I said it first. Nash don't mess with trolls. Everyone else, stop sucking at music.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by nashawa

Of course there's tons of garbage out there and I agree, your wording was just confusing.

Agree'd

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Hipsters.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Quote by EvilAngel93
Hipsters.

Quality post.

Would read again.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
bandcamp has a lot of stuff. you can go into google, type in the kind of music you want and "bandcamp" and wade through the thousands of underground groups that come up. a lot of the albums are free, some are name your own price, some cost money. streaming's always free though.

also, basements.
Hi!
I'm kenneth
Work:

I get this on music blogs .
underground is not popular or famous most of the time.

The band currently has an album titled “Nocturnal”, which is available at no cost to you. The songs have folky tunes for the inner indie music lover. They first demo came out in March 2011 and they’ve been frequenting the Velour venue in Provo ever since.

Timber! was first started in 2010 by Adam Klopp and Dylan Astle, which later included Hannah Matheson, Katrina Ricks, and Marshall Oelkers.

After playing music together for 7 months, the band decided to record an album and raise money for its cost on Kickstarter. Just 18 hours into their fundraiser, Timber! had raised more than half its goal. Instead of rambling on about how awesome this band is, I’ll let the music speak for itself.
Last edited by kenneth.genavia at Mar 5, 2012,
Quote by ingames
Where do you get to know underground bands?

What kind of bands? If you are speaking in the most general sense, then there is no answer to this question. If you have something more specific in mind, I suggest you explicate.

For underground metal check out:
The Dark Legions Archive
Deathmetal.org
*note: the second source in the middle of being reworked
The biggest independent radio station here in Australia, Triple J, plays a bunch of unconventional/underground/ or not popular music (They do play some popular stuff too but not too often). I've discovered a lot of cool bands through there. They have different radio shows for heaps of genres, from the heaviest of metals to the gangsterest hip-hop, so there's something for almost everyone.

And they've recently started a digital radio station entirely dedicated to unsigned artists, called Triple J Unearthed. I've been listening to that on and off recently and there's some decent 'underground' stuff on there. It's good to have the shows programmers sift through the garbage and find the talent for you. And if you're a member on the website you can have an influence on whats played by rating and reviewing bands. It does only play Australian artists though, not that there's anything wrong with that!

So my advice is to get into some independent radio, and check out my band. We set up a profile on unearthed last week (link's in my sig)
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Last edited by cammo_1234 at Mar 14, 2012,