I was at a party over the weekend in which massive amounts of alcohol were involved. MOST PEOPLE there were under 21 and got completely messed up. I didn't because I had a wedding to go to the following morning. At the wedding, alcohol was also present, but no one really drank until the reception. It looked as if more alcohol was consumed by the kids than the adults at the wedding. So Pit, do you think people under 21 are most likely to drink more than someone over the legal age or what? Just curious on your input.
POST RAWK
Last edited by crazywatermelon at Feb 28, 2012,
I think people under 21 are more likely to drink to get wasted, while people over 21 are more social drinkers or drink because they actually enjoy the taste, like that of a good whisky or wine.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by crazywatermelon
I was at a party over the weekend in which massive amounts of alcohol were involved. Everyone there was under 21 and got completely messed up. I didn't because I had a wedding to go to the following morning(...)

TS, do you know the definition of 'Everyone'? You'd best go back in time and make your statement true.
What Kensai said, plus the fact a lot of rebellious teens (worse in places like here where the legal age is 18) find the idea of underage drinking more attractive than just drinking.
Once you're all allowed to go and just sit in a quiet bar and enjoy what you pay for it's not as "fun".
Quote by Kensai
I think people under 21 are more likely to drink to get wasted, while people over 21 are more social drinkers or drink because they actually enjoy the taste, like that of a good whisky or wine.

Think again, flipper. I'm under 21 and have never drank any alcohol alone. I agree with the rest of your post though. Generally, under 21 drink to get wasted, above 21 drink for taste.
If people that are underage get the opportunity to drink, they probably will as it's a novelty. But people over the legal age have done it for years so that novelty has worn off. So yes, I think underage drinkers will probably at least try to drink more than adults.
Quote by L2112Lif
TS, do you know the definition of 'Everyone'? You'd best go back in time and make your statement true.

There, better? People were always so picky in the Pit.
POST RAWK
Quote by vagelier
Think again, flipper. I'm under 21 and have never drank any alcohol alone. I agree with the rest of your post though. Generally, under 21 drink to get wasted, above 21 drink for taste.

When I say social drinker I mean drink to sort of loosen up, get a buzz and be more "social" without being drunk and social.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_culture#Social_drinking
I'll tell you why: At a party with friends, young people don't give a crap about people judging them. Why not? Because there are no people to judge them there. On a wedding, losing your "decorum" (the ability to behave in an appropriate way) in front of many, many judgemental peers is bad thing, so people are less inclined to drink there. Also, adults don't care about getting wasted as much.
Quote by The_Casinator
I'll tell you why: At a party with friends, young people don't give a crap about people judging them. Why not? Because there are no people to judge them there. On a wedding, losing your "decorum" (the ability to behave in an appropriate way) in front of many, many judgemental peers is bad thing, so people are less inclined to drink there. Also, adults don't care about getting wasted as much.

I'm not sure about young people not giving a crap about people judging them. They're more inclined to fall too peer pressure. There will always be people who will judge you no matter where you're at. I do agree with the wedding statement, however.
POST RAWK
Quote by Kensai
I agree with this. The main reason many people under the legal age get wasted I would believe is because it is "forbidden" for them. I personally drink only for the taste, which is why I dislike beer, a taste I have yet to acquire, and have been drinking for that reason even before I was 18 (which is the legal age here).

I don't understand people who get wasted on a drink they dislike (and then drink two or three more just to get drunk); if you're going to get shitfaced, get shitfaced on something you'll enjoy, even if it costs more.

If I had to get drunk to save the universe (unlikely but you get what I mean), I'd rather drink four Amarettos than four beers.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Im 20, and I personally never want to drink to get a hangover, or get so S**tfaced
it ruins my next day...

but a buzz is where I like to keep it

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
I'm English and I fail to see the relevance of 21.

Over here, still getting shit-faced at about 20 is considered pretty childish - we do away with that when we're 15.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Feb 28, 2012,
Quote by Wolfinator-x

If I had to get drunk to save the universe (unlikely but you get what I mean), I'd rather drink four Amarettos than four beers.

Are you going to wear your panties while you save the universe, or change into something more sporting?

Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by wyldething
Are you going to wear your panties while you save the universe, or change into something more sporting?

They're briefs!

You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
I still laugh at the age limit for drinking in the US :p

Sincerely, Eurofag :p

OT: Well it makes you kinda look bad getting completely hammered at a wedding innit?
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Don't the adults get wasted in bachelor parties???

*has never been to a bachelor party
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
I think you were at two different situations. I'm more likely to get drunker at a party than at a wedding. The last wedding I went to I had only one pint. But I had a throat infection so I couldn't really drink anything.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Maturity has nothing to do with age. I know several folks > 21 who will drink a little, then leave a party. Not get shitty, not blackout, but a couple beers. I also know some who will get blackedout in the first 20 minutes. Same for < 21. I'll drink if I want to get plastered at home, a party, a bar, etc. I'll also drink if I just want to enjoy some whiskey. That's usually at home, though. I can't afford good whiskey at bars. lol
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Feb 28, 2012,
Quote by Kensai

No, they try to act "sophisticated". All alcoholic beverages aside from cocktails taste like shit. Especially wine. I'd rather gargle diarrhea.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

lol at the fact that the age of 21 and alcohol actually have something to do with each other.

I still can't believe people in the states actually wait until they're 21.
Quote by Skynyrd890
Maturity has nothing to do with age. (...)

this.

/end thread/us is retarded
Quote by naedauuf
No, they try to act "sophisticated". All alcoholic beverages aside from cocktails taste like shit. Especially wine. I'd rather gargle diarrhea.

Quote by Skynyrd890
Maturity has nothing to do with age. I know several folks > 21 who will drink a little, then leave a party. Not get shitty, not blackout, but a couple beers. I also know some who will get blackedout in the first 20 minutes. Same for < 21. I'll drink if I want to get plastered at home, a party, a bar, etc. I'll also drink if I just want to enjoy some whiskey. That's usually at home, though. I can't afford good whiskey at bars. lol

Really, maturity has nothing to do with age?

Quote by metalblaster
lol at the fact that the age of 21 and alcohol actually have something to do with each other.

I still can't believe people in the states actually wait until they're 21.

I can't believe there are dry counties in the states.
Last edited by Kensai at Feb 28, 2012,
Quote by naedauuf

I didn't know you were 14. Dem WKDs hey! And what about that Smirnoff Ice!? Dope stuff bro.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Kensai

I can't believe there are dry counties in the states.

That's even more retarded. In a legal sense, how does that even fly?

I know we have some northern cities here that are ''dry'' but pretty much everyone drinks as much as they want. But there aren't many I think. Most are native communities with very serious alcohol-related social issues. But even then, most just make their own booze, sneak it in (because it's about 3 RCMP cops for 3000 people up there, not like they would really charge every time them because that's not solving anything). There are certain people allowed to buy booze but they need a special license for it and they can only pick it up at a government facility, and it's probably super expensive considering booze in Canada is already crazy expensive. I heard there's smugglers up north that deliver booze to dry camps and make about 20G$ in a weekend, selling shit like 2L vodka bottles for like 400$.
Quote by naedauuf

What a fantastic sweeping generalization! Enjoy writing off a huge variety of things because you're too quick to think you don't like anything but cocktails.

I brew my own beer, and make my own cider and mead. I get that different people have different tastes, but your blinders are laughable.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Last edited by wyldething at Feb 28, 2012,
Quote by metalblaster
That's even more retarded. In a legal sense, how does that even fly?

I know we have some northern cities here that are ''dry'' but pretty much everyone drinks as much as they want. But there aren't many I think. Most are native communities with very serious alcohol-related social issues. But even then, most just make their own booze, sneak it in (because it's about 3 RCMP cops for 3000 people up there, not like they would really charge every time them because that's not solving anything). There are certain people allowed to buy booze but they need a special license for it and they can only pick it up at a government facility, and it's probably super expensive considering booze in Canada is already crazy expensive. I heard there's smugglers up north that deliver booze to dry camps and make about 20G$ in a weekend, selling shit like 2L vodka bottles for like 400$.

Pretty much any dry county have alcohol-related problems, for example the number of people caught driving drunk are always higher in dry counties. That's because making alcohol illegal brings problems, which is something most people have realized...

Seriously thinking of taking up booze smuggling as my occupation, that seems very lucrative.
Quote by Kensai

I disagree. Adults gets shit housed all the time, it was just because of the different environments.
Quote by Kensai
Pretty much any dry county have alcohol-related problems, for example the number of people caught driving drunk are always higher in dry counties. That's because making alcohol illegal brings problems, which is something most people have realized...

Seriously thinking of taking up booze smuggling as my occupation, that seems very lucrative.

Ya eh it pretty much has the opposite effect. Apparently it's pretty bad it some areas in Alberta where alot of people make tons of money on the rigs and blow it all on booze later.

It was an article I read about smugglers once, the RCMP were doing sweeps but apparently they're really hard to catch because, well first off there's like 100 thousand scquares miles of deserted tundra to keep an eye on, and these guy just hook up large shipments on their ski-doos and book it from town to town.