Does anyone know how to rewire a guitar from passive pickups to active? Any sites, videos, or walkthroughs that can tell me step by step instructions?
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
We'll need more information than that to help..
When switching passive to passive you can leave most of your wiring the same, but if you're going to active you just need to take out everything and start over

What kind of pickups are you going to put in? What kind of control setup will it be? What kind of switch? How many volumes/ tones?
You'll need to know that stuff before looking up wiring diagrams

On e you know what you're going for, the wiring thread at the top of this forum should be a good help, and if you buy emg's you'll find diagrams and support on the emg website (same goes if you buy Seymour Duncan's, their website has diagrams as well
Going from passive V8 and V7s to The Seymour Duncan Blackout EMTYs (which are active)
Quote by behind_you

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
If I'm not mistaken the blackout set should come with all the pots, jacks, battery clips, etc you need to hook them up. All you really need is the wiring diagram. Don't use the existing pots in your guitar, active pickups need different values, hence why most active sets come with pots.

Assuming a Les Paul style guitar:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2_blackouts_2v_2t

If that's not what you need, Duncan has diagrams for a wide range of configurations on their site (save this page, it's a great resource):
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/
Thank you guys very much, I appreciate it!
Quote by behind_you

Quote by JustRooster