Hi! I'm planning to buy a new guitar. At first I were planning to buy an Ibanez RGA32, after i'd compared it with some Epi LP's, due to the 24 frets and easier high fret reachability (or whatever its called xD) But now when I was was in the guitarshop and tried a LP Custom again I just loved the feeling of it.

So my question is, what is best between the Epiphone Les Paul Custom, the Ibanez RGA32 or a Bach Les Paul Standard?

All of them are about the same price, but then the Epi is an used one.

I know they are good for different things, but which is most guitar for the money? I've heard the Bach LP are better than the Epi, is that true?

The only thing I prefer with the Ibanez is that it has 24 frets and are ALOT thinner down at the "solo frets". How would a LP hande metal solos, which require the higher frets?

BTW this is more like which I'm going to buy first, I guess I'll just buy the other one sometime in the future...

Sorry for long post, but I really need your help
Last edited by ville525 at Feb 28, 2012,
If you like the LP, go for it. Its hard to compare an RG to a Les Paul because they're constructed completely differently. I don't know about Bach; never heard of them. Epi LP Customs are good guitars for the price and they're dirt cheap used.

None of those guitars are truly great, but go for the Epiphone. Its more guitar for the money if its used. You can swap out the pickups later to get it sounding very close to a legit Les Paul.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Ok. I saw now that our guitarshop started to sell Jackson too. The DKXT looks interesting but I cant find any reviews on it :S
I forgot to ask, what style of music do you want to play?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I forgot to ask, what style of music do you want to play?

Pretty much everything

Then what you really need is a 6 string, a 6 string with a floyd, a 12 string, an 8 string, a jazz box, a 6 string bass, a trombone, a hurdy gurdy and a baby grand piano.

Sorry, but people who say they play 'everything' annoy me. There is no such thing as 'everything'

What do you regularly play?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 28, 2012,
look for a used Gibson studio... there are tons with some wear and tear but sound amazing. I know they are only $200 cheaper or so then new... one will prob cost you $500 and I think the Epis are like $300-$400 but I really think the sound/construction/feel of the Gibsons are better, but thats just one guy's experience.

After buying my Strat used and my Fender Jazz bass used I cant see myself ever buying a new electric guitar. Unless you really like to be the first to play it old electric guitars are simply better
he of tranquil mind
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Then what you really need is a 6 string, a 6 string with a floyd, a 12 string, an 8 string, a jazz box, a 6 string bass, a trombone, a hurdy gurdy and a baby grand piano.

Sorry, but people who say they play 'everything' annoy me. There is no such thing as 'everything'

lol

well... mostly somewhere between classic rock, punk and metall. Skynyrd, AC/DC, Metallica, Red Hot, Greed Day and so on. Sometimes just clean acoustic songs.

Btw, right now I just have a Behrinher ( Strat copy)
It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a used Gibson Studio if you're willing to go used.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

lmao
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a used Gibson Studio if you're willing to go used.

Yeah, I'd like that, but i havent found any
Take the amp you'll be playing through to the guitar shop ask if you can hear each guitar though it, decide which one can get the sound/s you want and which one plays the best. Also consider how well constructed and set up they are, if you are a guitar beginner and don't know how to check for things like intonation, possible electrical issues etc. take someone who knows their shit or read up on how to find a dodgy guitar if no one is available (the used epi should be checked out carefully). If one sounds good through your gear, plays nice and is in good condition buy it.

For my playing style/requirements/preference I'd go with the epi custom, as I like owning name brands and they look fantastic
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Feb 28, 2012,
Quote by tappooh
Avoid Bach at all costs.

Xiaoxi would like a word with you.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Used Washburn Idol (Wi66 pro in particular), Cort, Michael Kelly Patriot etc will all trounce an Epi.
Have a look second hand.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.