Hey everybody... bought this guitar on ebay for $30 to be used as a throw around guitar in the car and living room.

I raised the action to help with some fret buzz and it'll work as a banger.

It has no name on the headstock and inside the guitar its just stamped "MADE IN USA" No other numbers or markings are on it.

There is a fret marker on the 10th fret instead of the 9th so I don't know if that puts it in a particular era.

Has no truss rod, as far as I can tell.

Anyone know anything about this guitar? Thanks!

* see attachment
Attachments:
red.JPG
Why not ask the person you bought it from off eBay? He/she'll probably know something.
what i CAN tell you:

it's red
it has 6 strings
it's right handed
it has odd fret markers
looks like a 3/4 size guitar
has a nice tailpiece
aaaand for $30 i don't suppose it's too bad

what i can't tell you:
make
model
year of manufacture
wood

sorry.
looks like a half size childs guitar. the "made in USA" probably stands for "made in Ushinawa Sung-tsu's apartment"
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
yeah, i asked the ebay seller and he doesn't know anything about... he bought it at an estate sale.

I was mostly wondering what era its from... 50's, 60's, etc

Also... it came with some really light nickel strings and because it doesn't has a truss rod or at least one that can't be adjusted, will I ruin it by putting 12s on it?
it's probably not old or the neck would have been warped already

if you put anything except extra light strings on it, the neck will bow.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.