Hi all,

I was wondering if you could give me some tips/ info/ help?

I have set up a website for guitar lessons, and part of the lesson process aside from the usual chords etc. I will be teaching well known popular songs like The Beatles, Oasis, Adel, Coldplay etc etc depending on the pupils preference.

What I wanted to offer are lesson tab downloads, eBooks etc, and one thing I want to offer is to download the tab for popular songs they have learnt in my lessons. Similar to the tab here on Ultimate Guitar.

The difference is I type out all the tab for these songs my self so they coincide with the chords/ tab I am teaching in each lesson, each tab I write out has a watermark of my logo and are in PDF format too.

Ideally I want to make a little bit of cash to cover the cost of the website etc. So only selling the sheet music for nothing more than say 0.50p, which is non offensive.

But I am worried whether I would be in breach of copyright by selling tab music (for example) for Hey Jude by The Beatles.

I don't want to sell the tab for these popular songs until I know whether or not this is breach of copyright.

Thanks

Jack
You'd need a license. UG almost got shut down a few years ago because it didn't have them.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I thought you might need a licence to cover this.

Do you know if I would need a licence if I wasn't selling the tab, i.e. having a link attached to each video lesson I have so people can download the tab for free to coincide with that lesson?

Thanks