I'm looking to swap out the bridge pickup in my SG Standard. I play rock, blues, and metal. I know many people will say the duncan JB but I am not a huge fan of it. What else out there is good?
duncan sh-5 (the custom) or sh-6 (distortion)

or take a look at dimarzio's mark morton signature dominion set that are soon to be released.
Seymour Duncan SH-1 Neck and Seymour Duncan SH-14 Bridge.
It's a great match and sounds way better than the SD JB (I hate those).
It'll definitely get you the sounds that you want.
+1
Quote by guitarscore11
I'm looking to swap out the bridge pickup in my SG Standard. I play rock, blues, and metal. I know many people will say the duncan JB but I am not a huge fan of it. What else out there is good?

If you want a Duncan and want rock blues and metal then the Custom 5 fits the bill perfectly
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by guitarscore11

If you go to my profile, my bands songs are there.
I have an SG Special II. The recordings are of the stock EMGs, through a Maxon OD808 to a 5150. Recordings kind of suck because we're in a small room.

I swapped the pickups for Duncan Distortion SH-6 Mayhem set.

I have a demo of that through a SS head (and sometimes fuzz). That's up there too (amp demo).

The matched set is great. With both pickups selected and the tone wide open, its perfect.

Check your pot values if you stick w/passives - they put 300k vol pots in some SG models. You want 500k all around.
Last edited by 667 at Feb 28, 2012,
Also, check out the Pearly Gates. I have it in my Les Paul, and it works great for Classic Rock, Blues, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Modern Metal. It's PAF style, but slightly over-wound and slightly hotter. It's somewhat bright, but I personally like a brighter tone. All of the clips on my profile were made using it in my Les Paul through an Egnater Vengeance, if you're interested.
I'm going to suggest talking to Rayne over at Madhouse Design pickups. I just put a set of his Walters in my washburn this morning and I'm blown away by them. Handwound kick ass pickups that cost less than most mass produced pickups.
Quote by Grawgos
I'm going to suggest talking to Rayne over at Madhouse Design pickups. I just put a set of his Walters in my washburn this morning and I'm blown away by them. Handwound kick ass pickups that cost less than most mass produced pickups.

big +1

Rayne winds some amazing pickups. I have the asylum set and they are beyond perfect
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus