Page 1 of 9

Yes, men and women, whether you like canoeing, hiking, camping, spelunking, fishing, rock climbing, geocaching, birdwatching (if you catch my drift) or just being outdoors this is a place to be. Talk about your outdoor hobbies if you will, share your camping equipment, pics from your last trekk, maps or ask about what GPS you should buy.

I myself enjoy fishing, camping, climbing, archery or just generally exploring. There's just something about being outdoors.

Last summer I bought a sleeping bag, lightweight tent and a trangia kitchen (27-3UL) which I never got to try out. When it gets warmer I'll see about using it. I'm also going to try canoeing at a local lake, which is something I've never tried before.

When I was in photoschool we had a big gymnasium nearby where I used to climb, but I haven't done much outdoors. Anyone a climber here?

Now please, discuss your own hobbies and such

PS, there are dedicated threads to certain activities to for example cycling, so don't see this as the replacement. I just wanted a general outdoors activity thread instead of making a thread each for hiking, camping, canoeing etc. Some individual threads, like threads about fishing have a tendency of dying pretty much immediately so it might be good to include things like that here.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Mar 24, 2012,
Sitting in a park drinking beer I guess lol.
Running when the weather is decent
Going around near the harbour drinking wine/smoking with a camera.
Sitting near the river in the city with friends/music/cigarettes, beer or wine.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
- Skateboarding
- Rock climbing
- Backpacking

Best activities ever. I need to get back into rock climbing soon - turns your little mortal fingers into finger gods.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I was chased by dogs and a cow for cutting through a farmer's field yesterday, does that count as an outdoor activity?
Fishing is my favorite outdoor activity. My wife and kids love to go fishing too, so when the weather warms up, the first thing I'm doing is packing the fishing gear and taking the family out to the stream.

My mother in law got me some waders for Xmas too, so I'm gonna definitely put those to use
Did a decent hike last night with a group of mates. Do watersports count here? I'm by no means fantastic at any of them, but they're a lot of fun.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Sitting in a park drinking beer I guess lol.
Running when the weather is decent
Going around near the harbour drinking wine/smoking with a camera.
Sitting near the river in the city with friends/music/cigarettes, beer or wine.

Have you been to Delsjön any? I'm guessing you have but I still have to ask. Really beautiful place, easy to get lost.

Quote by Stugg334
Did a decent hike last night with a group of mates. Do watersports count here? I'm by no means fantastic at any of them, but they're a lot of fun.

I was thinking more on land things, but I guess you could include them.
I love the outdoors. I like to do animal tracking, fishing for mackerel, exploring and mountain biking.

*stickied*
Cycling, surfing and kayaking are my favourites. Summer is gonna be bitchin'. This has been the first time in my life where winter has bothered me, I've realised that dark evenings/mornings are really bloody depressing.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
I skateboard (don't know how that's relevant) and as it warms up I'll be doing much more rock climbing and hiking in the Sandias.

I'd probably go camping/hiking if more people were actually up for it. People act like camping is the worst experience ever.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
I'd probably go camping/hiking if more people were actually up for it. People act like camping is the worst experience ever.

I have the same problem man.Its annoying,because i LOVE being outdoors :l

Quote by LostLegion
I love the outdoors. I like to do animal tracking, fishing for mackerel, exploring and mountain biking.

*stickied*

Is the animal tracking just for fun, or hunting?

I skateboard (don't know how that's relevant) and as it warms up I'll be doing much more rock climbing and hiking in the Sandias.

[ceter]

I was actually going to put that pic up first, but I decided the ones with turtles was funnier. Mainly because of the turtle flying in the picture.

Quote by soXlittleXtimeX

Or just being outdoors at all, these days. I did however manage to round up a few for canoeing last summer but it was too late to rent canoes.
Quote by Kensai
Have you been to Delsjön any? I'm guessing you have but I still have to ask. Really beautiful place, easy to get lost.

Born and raised around Delsjön and Härlanda tjärn. My homegrounds. So I won't get lost. Delsjön is just a few kilometres from my childhood home. Brings back fond memories.

There's loads of lovely lakes around there. Härlanda Tjärn, Västra Långvattnet, Östra Långvattnet, Stora och lilla delsjön etc.
Quote by Kensai

I was actually going to put that pic up first, but I decided the ones with turtles was funnier. Mainly because of the turtle flying in the picture.

Personally, I find using a weasel as a weapon far more masculine, but to each his own.
I'm an orienteerer, have been running since I was like 7. Was really good when I was like 15-19, but now when I'm over 20 and competing against the really good people I've kinda laid it off. Still training and running some competitions, but not very seriously.
Last edited by flxjhnlrssn at Feb 28, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Born and raised around Delsjön and Härlanda tjärn. My homegrounds. So I won't get lost. Delsjön is just a few kilometres from my childhood home. Brings back fond memories.

There's loads of lovely lakes around there. Härlanda Tjärn, Västra Långvattnet, Östra Långvattnet, Stora och lilla delsjön etc.

Ah, cool, so you've been there a lot? It's in delsjön that they have the canoe rental. Have you tried that?

Quote by PowerOfGlove
no tl;dr?

don't be such a jabberwocky bruv

If you need a tl;dr you're probably not the person who reads the rest of the thread

Quote by blake1221
Personally, I find using a weasel as a weapon far more masculine, but to each his own.

Perhaps, but from the picture I get the impression that it is not working out for him.
Quote by Kensai
Ah, cool, so you've been there a lot? It's in delsjön that they have the canoe rental. Have you tried that?

Quite a few times yes. I lived closer to Härlanda Tjärn and Västra Långvattnet but yes I've been to Delsjön too quite often.

I've talked about the canoeing with friends like every single summer but never managed to do it. Would be lovely to do however. Two friends of mine did it last year. Canoe + weed.
Quote by Kensai

Canoeing is pretty cool if you do it with cool people at a cool place. It can get boring otherwise though
Quote by Kensai

Perhaps, but from the picture I get the impression that it is not working out for him.

well **** your stupid turtles then!
Quote by Kensai
Or just being outdoors at all, these days. I did however manage to round up a few for canoeing last summer but it was too late to rent canoes.

Canoeing is mad fun!

I think that's what I'm looking forward to the most this summer. I might make it a priority to get a trip to a nearby river in sometime during my spring break.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
I've camped/canoed more than enough in my live, never really liked it. I enjoy being outdoors and take a walk but not like a 10km hike or anything, I'll soon get bored
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by Kensai

Is the animal tracking just for fun, or hunting?

Just for fun Although I might be hunting rabbit in the summer with my grandad.
Fishing! It's like my all time favorite activity. Today is such an awesome day to go too, but I'm stuck at work.

I also like hunting and canoeing. I've lived out in the middle of nowhere growing up so it was always a short walk to get to do any of those things. And now the university I'm at is on the King Ranch and all those things are only a short drive away.
I don't like to drink too much. I just hang out with people that do.
I like taking walks.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Nice to hear I'm not the only here, keep it coming guys and don't forget to stick this thread if you find it interesting

For those camping and whatnot, what kind of gear do you have? I'm looking to expand what gear I have which is the bare basics really.

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Quite a few times yes. I lived closer to Härlanda Tjärn and Västra Långvattnet but yes I've been to Delsjön too quite often.

I've talked about the canoeing with friends like every single summer but never managed to do it. Would be lovely to do however. Two friends of mine did it last year. Canoe + weed.

It costs barely anything to rent them, you should convince them again, maybe with your fists this time.
My favorite outdoor activities are hiking, camping, fishing, and canoeing.

I'm planning a few camping/hiking trips for this summer/fall right now.
I love being outdoors. Every week I go on this super long bike trail and it's awesome.
I also like hiking/looking for animals, mostly birds and insects
And watersports/the beach is my favorite

Its kinda hard to go camping here though :/ most of them are really close to live firing ranges
cat
I love kayaking.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Outdoors is (are?) my shit! I love backpacking, skiing, kayaking, and climbing. Pretty much any outdoor/action-sports really. Here are some photos from my adventures.

Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.

Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Yep, love to hike. Don't really get the time to do it a lot though. My wife likes it too. We'd like to go camping once it gets warmer, we've moved into our house, and if we have the time. Hopefully it works out. There're some hot springs we'd like to hike out to as well. Hopefully going to a combat diver course later this year. My GPS of choice is a Garmin Oregon 450
My God, it's full of stars!
Nothing like going out for a run in the woods or taking a walk in the mountains. It's a shame I don't get to do that a lot.
Quote by soul_power
Outdoors is (are?) my shit! I love backpacking, skiing, kayaking, and climbing. Pretty much any outdoor/action-sports really. Here are some photos from my adventures.

Nice pics, man, I see you've accumulated some nice action shots

Quote by daytripper75
My favorite outdoor activities are hiking, camping, fishing, and canoeing.

I'm planning a few camping/hiking trips for this summer/fall right now.

Ah cool, where to?

Quote by Dreadnought
Yep, love to hike. Don't really get the time to do it a lot though. My wife likes it too. We'd like to go camping once it gets warmer, we've moved into our house, and if we have the time. Hopefully it works out. There're some hot springs we'd like to hike out to as well. Hopefully going to a combat diver course later this year. My GPS of choice is a Garmin Oregon 450

Cool, I'm going to study marine archaeology later this year. Hopefully there'll be some diving

I also got the Garmin Oregon 450 Usually got it mounted to my bike like this:

That's my bike from last summer.