Im using a Chute CC-04 head. 35 watt class A tube.

My main guitar is a Fender American Deluxe Strat with EMG DG-20's.

The tone I usually go for would be closest to Pink Floyd, but also Silversun Pickups and Brand New.

Strictly for bedroom use, if I do ever jam its with an electric drum set and an unmic'd singer.
I know very little about cabs, but if possible I'd like one that's better suited for low volume play.

I rarely use my amps overdrive, almost always go with the clean channel and use fuzz and/or OD pedals.

Im not sure what 2x12 I'm currently using, but I paid around $300 for it about 4 years ago.

I'd be willing to spend $500-1000.

thanks
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Feb 28, 2012,
Avatar can build you a custom 2X12 within that price range with whatever speakers you want and various colors of toltex and various styles.
Check out www.avatarspeakers.com
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
Avatar can build you a custom 2X12 within that price range with whatever speakers you want and various colors of toltex and various styles.
Check out www.avatarspeakers.com

thanks man, i'll check em out
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
I can also brag on Avatar. They made me a custom 212 several years ago for $425. It was a Traditional closed back 212 with a Celestion G12H30 and a Classic Lead 80. They also have their own brand called 'Hellatones' which are broken in Celestion speakers at a lower cost.

With your budget I can also recommend Splawn. They make awesome cabs too. I got a custom cab from them for $575.

Port City, Mills, Mesa, Emperor, Egnater, etc also make good 212 cabs.

PS: I've never heard of your amp before. Can you post a pic and tell us a bit more about it?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Feb 28, 2012,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

I've never heard heard of your amp before. Can you post a pic and tell us a bit more about it?

Its a small company in southern Ontario, Canada. I only heard of them cause a friend of a friend is the owner. A great amp, its two channel but each channel has two gain knobs, one dark one bright. Its only really noticeable on the clean channel, but it gives a lot of tonal options.
You can check out my buddies old band on Itunes "Strangeface" he uses this amp.

http://www.chuteamplifiers.com/
http://www.youtube.com/ch I uteamps

edit

After looking at that Chute website again I noticed they started selling cabs too.
So getting the Chute cab would be one option.
It comes with Celestion G12H30's, Celestion Vintage 30s OR Greenbacks.
Which one would be better for low volume Pink Floyd kind of stuff?
Mostly low volume clean with compression OR Overdrive+Fuzz.
With my Fender American Deluxe Strat with DG-20s

Unless there's a completely different cab or speaker that would do a better job for what I want to do?
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Feb 28, 2012,