Hello everyone, I've been a lurker on this board for a while and decided to post something today. I wanted to let everyone know I've started a blog, but this one I think will be unique. I intend to take a journey through the life of Jimmy Page by learning as many songs as I possibly can that he ever recorded. From his skiffle days to Neil Christian, from the session years to the Yardbirds, from Led Zeppelin and beyond. I also want to examine the various instruments, amps and effects he used over the years.

This is going to be a loooooong process of course but I think in the end I will become a better guitar player and maybe understand Jimmy Page just a little bit more, or at least how his mind worked creatively and how he developed as a musician. That's the goal anyway. I intend to explain the ins and outs of each song and then play them, describe how its going in the process, what parts are easy, what parts are difficult. Hopefully if you do end up reading it, you might be able to learn along with me.

I'm very excited about this venture and I invite you all to take the journey with me. So take a look, I've already figured out how to play skiffle like a 13 year old Jimmy Page and you can see how to do so yourself.

Take care everyone.

Here is the link in case you are at all interested....

http://findingzoso.blogspot.com/

Zosofancmr
There is a bunch of stuff on there now, including info on some of Jimmy's early guitars, as well as how to play a song he did called "Jet Black" with Neil Christian and the Crusaders, as well as the Yardbirds tune "Happenings Ten Years Time Ago" that he did with Jeff Beck. Very cool stuff.
Aww man - I expected to find 'Dust in the Wind' with Jimmy Page on guitars
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
Aww man - I expected to find 'Dust in the Wind' with Jimmy Page on guitars

Dust in the wind is by kANSAS not journey
Also satan worshiping would probably help. Good luck, Mr. Page is an awesome guitarist!
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Thanks for the tip Triumphant, haha, he is awesome and it's going to completely test my limits, but I think the rewards are definitely going to outweigh all of the challenges and inevitable frustration. I'm really excited!
Just a consideration: it is well documented that Page's parts in zeppelin's recordings were very "perfect take" style, meaning lots of trial and error. Look at all the earlier zeppelin live stuff to see his true colours.

EDIT: good luck, I'll be checking this out
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Oh absolutely, that's another reason I wanted to begin with his earlier efforts, before he had the time and resources to perfect every note. You can definitely see this in play when you watch "We're Gonna Groove" on the Led Zeppelin DVD versus the version released on "Coda".
This is a pretty cool idea. I'll be following along myself and trying to learn some stuff with you. Most of the riffs I have learned while playing guitar over the past year and a half or so has been from Zep. Jimmy was the entire reason I felt the urge to try and learn to play. Good luck my man.
I've posted a whole slew of new stuff on the blog, so give it a look see. If you have any ideas or anything you'd like to see me cover or investigate, please feel free to share
Thanks again everybody! I wanted to let you all know I've posted a few more posts, the first about Jimmy's session guitar work on the Tom Jones "It's Not Unusual". The second was about Jimmy's first Fender Stratocaster and Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman. The third was about Jimmy Page's work in producing John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton which not many people know about, so check it out!
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know I've posted a whole bunch of cool new stuff on http://findingzoso.blogspot.com/, including "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", how Jimmy Page and Robert Plant met, and an overview of Jimmy's Sola Sound Professional MK II Tone Bender.

I apologize I hadn't updated it for a few days, I was out on Neah Bay which is the Northwestern most tip of the Continental United States so I was a bit out of the loop. I'm back now though, so expect regular updates here on in!