So I haven't posted something in a while, but here's a new song I've been working on. It's probably one of the most melodic songs I've written and it's not finished yet.

C4C as always!
Attachments:
adsadqewrfqew.gp5
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Last edited by synestershadows at Feb 29, 2012,
I dig some of this, it's pretty good. I don't think the parts you have need to be changed at all. The only little thing that irks me is that it doesn't seem to "go anywhere" admittedly it doesn't have to but I feel you have these really nice melodic passages that go onto... other really nice melodic passages. I'm just not feeling any sense of progression.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
It's supposed to have a more It Prevails feel to it, and most of their songs don't really progress, haha. They're just fun, melodic songs.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
really loved this even though im not into metalcore and all that stuff , nice tuning / chords and nice melodies you got there , and i have to agree it doesnt go anywhere but than again it doesnt have to.

really not much more to say than that 8/10

Can you crit In Flanders field in my sig ? theres an mp3 if you dont have GPX
Haha, thanks dude. I used to have GP6 but when I got my new hard drive I didn't bother since 5 is just so much better. Will check out.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
That first riff reminds me of a Katy Perry song
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
LOL^. its a cool song.... but I just can't do slower music -_-
Kurzweil K2500xs
Quote by ~Flounder~
LOL^. its a cool song.... but I just can't do slower music -_-

*looks at Dragonforce avatar*

That would explain something...
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
great to hear something new from you.

liking the riff at bar 1-8.

The rhythm afterwards seems a bit boring and you should work on the lead here, its not really 100% yet.

when it speeds up its really cool.

25-31 is solid

i dont really dig the part at 42. Mayb its just the midi sounds.

intro variation afterwards is awesome and the "clean" part fits nice.

keep it up. Hope you can finish the song :-)
The intro sets the tone of the song quite nicely, even if the first 8 bars did sound like a Katy Perry song, although I do like a bit of Katy Perry anyway so it's ayt. I like how the theme kinda changes when it repeats at bar 17.

The section starting at bar 34 I can imagine is like the verse? Vocals are what's gonna make this section.

This is just personal preference but I didn't really like the sound of the music in the section starting from bar 42. Just didn't really like the chord progression or lead melody, especially in bar 45. But like I said, that's just to my taste, nothing actually wrong with the writing. It was nice when the main theme came back in slightly varied after that.

So far it's good man, flows really nicely and that chorus-y/main theme/intro section is pretty catchy. There's just that section that you repeated at the end as well that I don't like, but like I said, that's just me. Wouldl ike to see how the rest of the song progresses.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29348660#post29348660