So I was thinking on getting another tattoo after the one I'm getting soon and I'm wondering what would be some good bass guitar related tattoos whether its theory related or whatever. Also besides the Bass Clef symbol, I already have it.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
I like the idea, but I've seen some people get bass tattooed on them and they aren't very good and this guy isnt like super awesomely amazing
I could see this being moved to the pit or being incredibly vulgar/weird... So let me start with

Cliff Burton crushed under a tour bus

A tug bar/thumb rest above your...

Entire body in Red Tort

"Mudbucker" tramp stamp

The symptoms of alcohol poisoning on your forearm for emergencies

Edit:
Quote by Kilty Boxers
I like the idea, but I've seen some people get bass tattooed on them and they aren't very good and this guy isnt like super awesomely amazing

Why not wait til you find someone is super awesome amazing seeing as no one wants permanent super shitty
Last edited by askrere at Feb 28, 2012,
A pile or bag of sand

in all seriousness now..

How about a silhouette of a fender headstock or something?
I don't exactly wanna be brand-ist...

Btw all my tattoos go on my forearm,back,right side of my chest. Anywhere else might be too painful for me /wimp
Quote by Kilty Boxers
right side of my chest. Anywhere else might be too painful for me /wimp

*note to self, weak from the left side*
This really belongs in the pit in the body and mod thread but here's mine that's now part of a full half sleeve.

I also have a tri-bass clef on my leg. And alot more tattoos....
a bass neck crawling up your spine? with 4 strings, so it's clear it's a bass.

otherwise, I think this migth be an interesting thread!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka

otherwise, I think this migth be an interesting thread!

Agreed, I'd never get a tattoo myself though. I had pierced ears and got rid of them after maybe 4 months.

I'd never do this, but does anyone know if getting your septim pierced sounds like a sickening crunch? Always wondered...
Quote by anarkee
That's one of the few facial piercings I haven't done. It wouldn't fly at work lol.

What do you do? I worked at a major nordic furniture provider and was amazed at the anything goes policy on tattoos and piercings.
Maybe a portrait of your favorite bassist? I got a tribal bass cleff on my right arm.
I work for the government at the county level. I can get away with most ear piercings and a nose piercing but a septum would push the envelope. I also keep most of my tats under wraps at work as well.
Quote by jumpaside
Maybe a portrait of your favorite bassist? I got a tribal bass cleff on my right arm.

Unless it's a famous girl or guy, people would just ask why you have a dude on your arm.
Quote by anarkee
I work for the government at the county level. I can get away with most ear piercings and a nose piercing but a septum would push the envelope. I also keep most of my tats under wraps at work as well.

I know a girl who just twists the septum ring (its not connected) upward so its pointing up into her nose when shes at school. Cant even tell its there.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by askrere
Agreed, I'd never get a tattoo myself though. I had pierced ears and got rid of them after maybe 4 months.

I'd never do this, but does anyone know if getting your septim pierced sounds like a sickening crunch? Always wondered...

If your piercer knows anything at all, they'll pierce your septum at the little bit of skin just under the cartilage, so there's no real hard material for it to go through. When I had mine done it didn't make a noise at all, I barely noticed it go through.

Quote by c3powil
I know a girl who just twists the septum ring (its not connected) upward so its pointing up into her nose when shes at school. Cant even tell its there.

That's what I do for school, works like a charm.

This would be better suited for the body mods thread, ask in there, you'd get a better response.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I have many tattoos. I've had a TON of piercings over the years, but my septum piercing is the only one i still have.

I work as a clinical database designer and programmer for a Clinical Research Organization. Long sleeve shirts cover my arm tattoos, and my septum ring easily just flips up into my nostrils.

I'd love a bass-related tattoo... i just can't figure out WHAT yet.

In fact, the only music tattoo i have is drum related... the sheet music for the "Boom, Boom-Boom, Crash" beat from the Ronettes' "Be My Baby", Jesus and Mary Chain's "Just Like Honey", and a million other songs...

I have an idea for a bass tattoo... we'll see, though... I have an entire chest piece in the work that needs to get completed first.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."

You learnt Portrait of Tracy yet? If not, do it. You'll want this tattoo by then even if you don't now.
It's a bit too hard for me, I've learned Come On, Come Over.
I've been struggling with it for a couple of weeks now and I know it's something I've gotta do - I'm really starting to appreciate the melodies that are in there... give it a go at some point. Everyone I've ever had a bass lesson from has cited it as a big step up for them and a solid point from which they started to really progress... I think that musical accomplishments don't often come at particularly regular intervals and something like that could make a great tattoo. Any songs you love to play? What made you want to start playing?
Quote by thebeamish

You learnt Portrait of Tracy yet? If not, do it. You'll want this tattoo by then even if you don't now.

I used to be able to play Portrait of Tracy perfectly but these days that kind of playing is impossible for me.

I wish I would only get better and never any worse
Quote by CJ Noble
I used to be able to play Portrait of Tracy perfectly but these days that kind of playing is impossible for me.

I wish I would only get better and never any worse

Quote by Kilty Boxers
Nirvana......

Get a tattoo of Krist at the MTV show gets bashed in the head when he threw his bass up and didn't catch it.
This has gone a bit off track now, take it to the body mods thread.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding