Hi all, forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, but basically title says it all.

I'm looking for a new guitar and just wondering if I could get some ideas from other people about it. Ideally I wanted this guitar:

and then just customize it a little to have gold hardware. But seeing as its a vintage, and one of the first 20 guitars ever made by PRS, its hardly likely I'll get my hands on one

Anyways, go nuts everyone who loves white guitars!

Edit: Heres another piece of nice eye candy
Last edited by aspire.rabbit at Feb 28, 2012,
I love the white falcon.

**** it. I just love gretsch!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
my white/black/gold les paul is sexy...although the gold does inevitably fade, especially on the tuners and stopbar.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Gold wears too easily and looks cheese.

fake f holes ftw.

The mounting rings for the pickups are so badly matched.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Fuck white

Trollface w/ gold hardware
White is the best
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 28, 2012,
Quote by Dr Sixstring
The mounting rings for the pickups are so badly matched.

Huh, dint notice. Mine looked fine when I had it.

Oooooh Mac, do want!!!
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Huh, dint notice. Mine looked fine when I had it.

Oooooh Mac, do want!!!

Yeah, it would have look better with white mounting rings to match the guitar paint

Digitech Bad Monkey

After the White Falcon, everything else is irrelevant.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Yeah would love to get a WF but its wayyyy out of my price range unfortunately...

Anyone know if there are any affordable (perhaps discontinued) models of PRS guitars that are pearl white and NOT dave navarros signature guitar?
Quote by aspire.rabbit
Edit: Heres another piece of nice eye candy
Isn't that the guitar the the girl was "playing" in the Hyundai Christmas commercials?

I absolutely loathe pearl white Cadillac "Escalades". I think they're the tackiest things on the planet. I guess I should start a separate thread for that, sorry.
You will have a really hard time finding one of these as well but you might get lucky . It was a production guitar just not made in large quantity's like most all (non limited edition) production guitars. They are just to good of guitars for anyone to part with them.

White guitars with gold hardware is just sex

Gary Kramer Custom

Quote by Captaincranky
Isn't that the guitar the the girl was "playing" in the Hyundai Christmas commercials?

I know that commercial. That's the Epi Swingster Royale.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
You will have a really hard time finding one of these as well but you might get lucky . It was a production guitar just not made in large quantity's like most all (non limited edition) production guitars. They are just to good of guitars for anyone to part with them.

White guitars with gold hardware is just sex

Gary Kramer Custom

Wow that is one niceeeeee guitar... Actually its almost the incarnation of my dream guitar (its missing the gold pickup cases + no inlay fretboard).

Wondering now if a maple or rosewood fretboard would work better with the white + gold colour scheme. I know most white guitars come out with rosewood, but I'm thinking maple would look nice too (from a purely aesthetic point of view)

Here's mine. Cream does count as white, doesn't it ? With the light in my room it look a bit more yellow here than it really is.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Dude, come on, there is only one guitar that is above all in the "White Guitar, Gold Hardware" category.
No other guitar should even try.

Yeah, they are expensive (but not as expensive as you may think), but just look at that guitar! And she sounds just as nice.

I like the gold look so much that I went and added some gold to my blue Rickenbacker. I wasn't replacing pickups or anything like that, so I just went for gold pickguard and truss rod cover. It's a classic 1950s Rickenbacker look:

Quote by Doogy-Style

Here's mine. Cream does count as white, doesn't it ? With the light in my room it look a bit more yellow here than it really is.

Cream SGs <3

Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by aspire.rabbit
Lol just found an albino guitar:

NOW THAT IS COOL!
fugg yo classical stylings and gold hardware

she started out white but as she is about 27 years old the finish started to wear
I hate gold hardware, it looks ghetto. if you have a solid white guitar, I like solid black/black chrome hardware.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I really don't want to be the guy who feeds into this, but its kinda gaudy if not used correctly. that being said with the right balance it can look beautiful, it depends on how much hardware is on the guitar and what color your matching it with though. lets not have an argument please just stating my opinion
Quote by Viban
its kinda gaudy

Of course it is! That's the point!

A white guitar with gold is all flash. The Gretsch White Falcon was introduced in the '50s at a guitar show and it was never intended to be a production model. It was just created to be all gaudy and glitzy. To make people say "Wow!" The blinding white with the flashy gold was all just for show.

Look at it. Does this guitar scream subtley and class? Heck no. It screams over-the-top insanity.

Yeah I dont think the WF was designed with "purity" of white in mind...

But anyways, lets stop posting and reposting pics of the WF, its pretty guitar but everyone knows about it! I want to see some unseen/unheard of brands, maybe even some unbranded custom designs as well!
Quote by StonedColdCrazy

fake f holes ftw.

Hells yeah... But why not go right to the top ?

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Mar 2, 2012,

Lol there you go bro.

Getting a guitar based solely on looks though is pretty lame.
I think the white falcon is classy, and also that princess isabella breathes class, beauty, and elegance I love it. also here's this
Last edited by Viban at Mar 2, 2012,
Quote by vayne92

Lol there you go bro.

Getting a guitar based solely on looks though is pretty lame.

I agree with you on that point, which is why I wont be doing that. But in my personal experience, as far as mid range electrics go, you can pretty much manipulate how they sound by using a mid-high end multi effects. Since I plan on purely playing jazz only for this new guitar, I'd be quite happy with anything that can produce warm clean tones.
Quote by Darkdevil725
If I put that in water and then drink it will it help with acid and indigestion?

No, but if you put it in diet coke it will make an explosion.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...