So I just bought a new epi LP last week, and I love it, it's got way better tone control than my Schecter. The only problem with this guitar is that it's a lot smaller, and because of that it doesn't fit in my lap well. I play in a very traditional way, with the guitar between my legs, and if I let it stay there, it becomes very parallel to the ground, and when I look left the head stock is very far down and I have to curl my wrist to reach the fretboard. My Schecter has a heavy mahogany body, so when I look left, the headstock is at eye level, and everything is very accessible.

Is there any way I can make my guitar sit on my chest more instead of it just sitting there underneath my ribcage? This is also a problem when I stand up and play, unsurprisingly.
Tighten up the strap. Bring the guitar up a couple inches. When sitting, find something to put your left foot on - a stack of books, a box, whatever - so your left leg is about 6 inches higher than your right. Then just angle the neck a bit.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Tighten up the strap. Bring the guitar up a couple inches. When sitting, find something to put your left foot on - a stack of books, a box, whatever - so your left leg is about 6 inches higher than your right. Then just angle the neck a bit.

I already use a footstool, and my strap is as short as it can get.

I noticed that the distance between the bridge and the end of the guitar is MUCH shorter on the schecter than the epi. I think That's what's keeping the les paul from sliding down my leg. I have to open my legs up like a slut for it to be at a good angle, but even then it's really low for me -_-
Last edited by CF_Mono at Feb 28, 2012,
Take the chance to get used to a new less extreme position. You don´t want to be too dependend on perfect playing conditions.