Hey, so I recently (4 months ago) bought a brand new B.C. Rich Mockingbird Special X guitar. Now, I usually play in Eb, so I was going to up my string guage to a set of Ernie Ball .10s (for a bit more tension). My frustration is that I've changed the strings and noticed ABSOLUTELY no difference whatsoever. I wanted to know if there was any place to find out what the factory strings were on it. If you guys could help me out, I'd be super grateful. Thanks!
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."
i know gibson/epiphone usually put .10s on, i think fender usually does .9s but im not positive. either way if you put them on and theres no difference its probably because it had .10s on, you would notice a difference if it was a higher gauge string. and if it has .10s on it that really should be fine for Eb unless you like really tight string like me. in which case get yourself a set of d'addario EXL115W's. they are .11 guage with a wound g string. i love the feel and tone i get from them. ernie ball strings never do it for me.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
I'm not positive, but I think it's an unspoken rule of thumb that guitars with 25.5" scales come with 9-42, and guitars with 24.75" scales come with 10-46. I've never seen or played anything that seems to be contrary to that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by DaysofGrace
Hey, so I recently (4 months ago) bought a brand new B.C. Rich Mockingbird Special X guitar. Now, I usually play in Eb, so I was going to up my string guage to a set of Ernie Ball .10s (for a bit more tension). My frustration is that I've changed the strings and noticed ABSOLUTELY no difference whatsoever. I wanted to know if there was any place to find out what the factory strings were on it. If you guys could help me out, I'd be super grateful. Thanks!

You've discovered that 10s aren't heavy enough so what difference does the factory gauge make? Just stick some 11s on there and see how it feels, you're really over-thinking this...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.