How do you feel about full albums being posted on youtube? Do you think this is ok or do you think this is as bad as illegally downloading them?
That's how I listen to all my music for I actually buy them.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'm a/pathetic, frankly.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
1- Find song you want on YouTube
2- Download the video
3- Convert it to mp3

So yes, it's just as bad. But the same thing can be done with music videos that artists upload, so I'm not totally sure.

Also, the songs are usually of low quality on YouTube, so it isn't as bad as torrenting albums recorded at 320kbps.
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Feb 28, 2012,
Bands, especially well established ones, should be grateful for it.
I think most of them are though, to be fair.
It's just the cunts at corporations like WMG and Sony that block it all on "copyright grounds" because they just want people to pay for every little thing the world has to offer.
Quote by behind_you
1- Find song you want on YouTube
2- Download the video
3- Convert it to mp3

So yes, it's just as bad. But the same thing can be done with music videos that artists upload, so I'm not totally sure.

It's far too compressed to the point it's unenjoyable to listen to.

My roommate gets all her music this way and she is a cunt so it must be bad.

EDIT: You editted while I was typing
Quote by a_7_x
It's far too compressed to the point it's unenjoyable to listen to.

My roommate gets all her music this way and she is a cunt so it must be bad.

EDIT: You editted while I was typing
ggg1 ggg3

It's okay because it's a 360p song, playing at a decent bitrate. Not quite the same level of quality you get with the physical CD - you don't get the artwork or whatever either because you didn't buy anything. You think listening to a band's song on a stream obliges you to give them money in some way?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
You don't pay for every song you hear on the radio, or every song someone insists on showing you on their ipod so no. That being said, I do believe artists deserve to be paid for their work. I always buy an album/EP/whatever if I like it, providing it's affordable.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Original 152 kbps AAC
1080p 152 kbps AAC
720p 152 kbps AAC
480p 128 kbps AAC
360p 128 kbps AAC
240p 60 kbps MP3

fyi

Technically most of the songs uploaded are done so illegally, but I use it as a source of listening to new music, but I don't dl off it or listen to full albums on it or anything.
Quote by Duffman123
Original 152 kbps AAC
1080p 152 kbps AAC
720p 152 kbps AAC
480p 128 kbps AAC
360p 128 kbps AAC
240p 60 kbps MP3

fyi

Technically most of the songs uploaded are done so illegally, but I use it as a source of listening to new music, but I don't dl off it or listen to full albums on it or anything.

Actually, I think the quality of YouTube ripping is worse.

It's probably something like [from 480p onwards] 128 kbps of 152 kbps, and 60 kbps of 152 kbps.

What kinda fool rips from YouTube anyway?
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Actually, I think the quality of YouTube ripping is worse.

It's probably something like [from 480p onwards] 128 kbps of 152 kbps, and 60 kbps of 152 kbps.

What kinda fool rips from YouTube anyway?

DJ I was talking to told me he rips all the latest top 40 of youtube, but don't worry he always rips them all in high quality -_-
Quote by Duffman123
DJ I was talking to told me he rips all the latest top 40 of youtube, but don't worry he always rips them all in high quality -_-

I don't even have the trial version of Virtual DJ, and I can already say I'm a better DJ than him. xD

Maybe he's a hipster DJ and likes the faux-vinyl sound of YouTube rips. >_>

Edit: I forgot to mention that YouTube converts everything to MP4. So, if one uploads an AVI or a WMV, which most people using Windows Movie Maker would use, there's even a further degrading of sound quality after the AVI/WMV to MP4 conversion.
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Feb 29, 2012,
im not a big youtuber. but i will check out stuff on youtube, i just find searching for new music on youtube inefficient. i download albums of bands i wana check out, if i really like it, il go support them. but im not gonna take a $15 per album risk. records aint cheap anymore
I download alot of my music from YouTube. And I know that I can get higher quality just by googling it, but I don't care. Though my ears are made for hi-fi, I have no problem with 128kbps.
it's good if you're at a party or something and whoever's house it is doesn't have much of a music collection, or if you just want to hear something. I wouldn't use it as a main source of music though, and ripping from youtube is just stupid - it's not like torrenting is any harder or any more illegal, and the sound quality on youtube rips is pretty poor.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.