I've been waiting for this guitar since I ordered it in September, and I have been checking the tracking status like six times a day for the past week. I literally ran home from the bus stop today, to be met with this box in my room.

It's the case! Oh my God I'm tearing up with excitement

And finally, my first look at this beautiful guitar!

It's an Agile Septor Elite 727 Custom; neck thru construction, with a 5 piece Maple/Walnut neck, Mahogany body, Ebony fretboard, passive Cepheus pups (being switched for my BKP Aftermaths), a Tonepros TOM (also being switched for a Hipshot flatmount), and an absolutely gorgeous, Natural Satin finished Flamed Maple top.

Bunch of body pics!

Last edited by Pat_s1t at Feb 28, 2012,
Close up of bridge and pickups

Backside of the guitar!

Don't know how well you can tell, but it came set up amazingly, right out of the box!

Motha****in' side angle shot!

Now for the little review thing.

For one, the guitar came set up perfectly (and I mean perfectly) right from the factory. Intonation, action, everything is just as it should be. The Flame Maple veneer is very thin, like a millimetre or two. But the guitar itself is very light, well balanced, and easy to play both sitting and standing up. I was expecting the Cepheus pickups to be sub-par, and I had my Aftermaths come in last week with the intention of taking the stock pups out and forgetting about them forever. But honestly, they respond quite well, with decent sustain and tone. They don't define all the notes of a chord exceptionally well, but they're about what you'd expect from an SD passive pup, and really aren't bad at all. The neck is fairly slim, somewhere around an ESP if I had to take a guess (though I think the actual taper is 19mm @ nut to 21mm @ 12th). The satin finish isn't sticky at all, which I was super pumped for because Kurt said in an email that my request for a satin finish wasn't an option. So way to go Agile! Neck is very comfortable to play, frets are evenly filed and level, I really can't say how much praise Agile should get on it's factory setups. However, the factory did drop the ball a bit, since I asked Rosewood and got Ebony (though I'm kind of glad I got Ebony now), and they gave me a TOM instead of the Cepheus flatmount. I've already emailed Kurt about resolving the issue though, so it should be fine. In all, I'm incredibly pleased with the feel, construction and sound of this guitar, and for a measly $800 WITH a case, anyone in North America that's looking for a 7 string should look no farther than Agile.

You asked for a rosewood board and a flatmount bridge and got a TOM and an ebony board?

Meh
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

You asked for a rosewood board and a flatmount bridge and got a TOM and an ebony board?

Meh
They ****ed up a bunch. But looking at the color of the guitar now, I prefer the Ebony (I opted Rosewood only because it was $25 cheaper, and I already had Ebony on my other 7-string)

The bridge is the only thing I'm kind of sad about. I asked Kurt to pay for a re-rout and let me send back the TOM in exchange for the value of the Cepheus flatmount I was supposed to have. If he objects to giving me the monetary value for the bridge, I'm in no worse of a place than I would've been had I got the right bridge. But if he won't pay for the re-rout, I'll have to consider sending it back for a new one (which would suck an assload, because everything else about the guitar is so nice.)
Quote by kosarsosar
Custom order?
Yessir.
http://www.rondomusic.com/product4845.html
hngd maam!!
do they make basswood erg's on special order?
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal
hngd maam!!
do they make basswood erg's on special order?
They do not my man. Only in Mahogany or Ash body (if you want to go Natural), and the same 5 piece neck on all models.
ncie git fiddle there friend! kinda cool you got a more expensive fretboard than what you ordered, but i can understand the frustration with the bridge. i for one like TOMs over flatmounts and i would be a bit irked if i ordered a TOM and didnt get it. kurt is typically really good about partially refunding folks with screwups on semi custom orders, so have no fear.

be sure to put up sound clips (hell, photos too) when the aftermaths are in! they are going to look super sexy in that axe!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Since you're not gonna be using the Cepheus passives, can I have em? I wanna get rid of the EMG's in my LTD.

Happy NGD, anyway! One nice looking seven you've got there.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Since you're not gonna be using the Cepheus passives, can I have em? I wanna get rid of the EMG's in my LTD.

Happy NGD, anyway! One nice looking seven you've got there.
Legit? Send me a PM and we can work something out dude.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Legit? Send me a PM and we can work something out dude.

PM sent.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Again congratulations!

Also, Jesus man your room is dark. Turn on a light!
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
That's a good-looking rear there
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^ Isn't it though?
Quote by Nico the Great
Again congratulations!

Also, Jesus man your room is dark. Turn on a light!
Its actually not my room, it's my parents' (hence the flowery comforter on the bed)! But I left the lights off anyway so I could just use natural lighting for the photos.